PSR-800: Whistler Upgrade Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

I got mine yesterday n downloaded the WS1080 EZ software, but haven't messed with the scanner yet due to work n such

Tracker

I installed the SD card n downloaded WA1080 EZ......I updated the software n then the scanner as per instructed, n it's not working.....I don't even get the menu.....I get this....

Attachments

• zl7o8m.jpg
    zl7o8m.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 427

TES

I installed the SD card n downloaded WA1080 EZ......I updated the software n then the scanner as per instructed, n it's not working.....I don't even get the menu.....I get this....

What did you find when you investigated the "Please see User Guide for more information
Code: 3-01"?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You can have the 800 ezscan and the ws1080 ezscan on the same computer. if you previously archived your data...Try preparing the card in ezscan then copy your data or restore your ARCHIVE in ezscan.

If you have not archived, open ezscan for the psr 800 and archive it. then open ezscan for the ws1080 and restore the archive. then select copy TO the scanner (sd card).

If it still don't work after repairing the card, then buy a new class 4 card. Sandisk work good.

Tracker

I tried to reformat the SD card using WS1080 ez scan......but was promoted that the computer could not communicate with the scanner.......I reseated the USB at both ends n reseated the SD card several times.
It finally showed that it was transferring the dara to the reformatted card n once done the reformarte Manu popped up again...at this time I removed the USB n installed batteries.....
When i turned it on, it said whisrler n i was able to toggle through the menu n program Miami Dade county, BUT when I tried to scan it, all I could see were hieroglyphics n no audio .......!
I turned it off n then once I turned it back on it said contact whistler service ....

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I tried to reformat the SD card using WS1080 ez scan......but was promoted that the computer could not communicate with the scanner.......I reseated the USB at both ends n reseated the SD card several times.
It finally showed that it was transferring the dara to the reformatted card n once done the reformarte Manu popped up again...at this time I removed the USB n installed batteries.....
When i turned it on, it said whisrler n i was able to toggle through the menu n program Miami Dade county, BUT when I tried to scan it, all I could see were hieroglyphics n no audio .......!
I turned it off n then once I turned it back on it said contact whistler service ....

Try a NEW USB cable and Get a sd to micro sd card reader.

Use the card reader in place of the usb cable (it is way faster at transferring your data), and start over. if the results are the same replace the card. They are less then $10.

Tracker

You can have the 800 ezscan and the ws1080 ezscan on the same computer. if you previously archived your data...Try preparing the card in ezscan then copy your data or restore your ARCHIVE in ezscan.

If you have not archived, open ezscan for the psr 800 and archive it. then open ezscan for the ws1080 and restore the archive. then select copy TO the scanner (sd card).

If it still don't work after repairing the card, then buy a new class 4 card. Sandisk work good.

How big of a card? (GB)
Could you provide a link to the card......I don't wanna buy the wrong type n end up in the same predicament...

markn455

Premium Subscriber
How big of a card? (GB)

Could you provide a link to the card......I don't wanna buy the wrong type n end up in the same predicament...

If you don't get anywhere soon, contact Whistler support. They were great with me when mine wasn't working for me when I got it back,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thank you.......I will try the suggestion on the card reader, but in the future won't I need the USB for scanner firmware updates?
Or is everything stored on the SD card..?

You will still need the usb cable for cpu and dsp firmware updates.

Tracker

I deleted yesterday's ez scan software n reinstalled it today, but more hieroglyphics.....

Attachments

• IMG_9215.jpg
    IMG_9215.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 264

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Wow, looks like your data is corrupt in ezscan and is being transferred to the scanner.

When you uninstalled ezscan did you delete the associated scanner folders in your documents folder?

Those are the data folders and if they are corrupt they are no good. Once you delete these you will have to program your scanner from scratch unless you have a good archive to restore from. Try using the restore archive function to find a good archive (this assumes you have archived before otherwise there will not be any archives.)

If you don't have any archives call whistler and see what they recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.