PSR-800: Whistler Upgrade Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

I don't have archives......n I would be programming from scratch.......using the scanner to program n then copying to the PC n customizing the channels on the software.......am awaiting whistlers response

Tracker

UPDATE: Whistler had me reinstall their CPU software.....first V4.7 n the next day V4.8..
I bought an 8 GB SD card n everything looks like it loaded well...

It's been 5 years, so can anyone recommend a good step by step programming video?
(I couldn't find anything good in YouTube)
I kinda forgot the steps n wanna make sure I don't skip anything..
I remember programming Miami Dade county on the scanner n then remaining the channels n tweaking things once I copied them to the EZScan software on my laptop..
Can anyone provide a link, or point me in the right direction ?

markn455

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Whistler had me reinstall their CPU software.....first V4.7 n the next day V4.8..

So far, I am unable to get it to take the 4.8 successfully. They don't seem to have the 4.8 firmware updater for the upgraded PSR-800. They do have one for the WS1080 but it does not seem to work. I don't currently see a 4.8 updater for the upgraded PSR-800.

Mark
WB5SLA

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
So far, I am unable to get it to take the 4.8 successfully. They don't seem to have the 4.8 firmware updater for the upgraded PSR-800. They do have one for the WS1080 but it does not seem to work. I don't currently see a 4.8 updater for the upgraded PSR-800.

Mark
WB5SLA
There is currently no legacy 48 update installer, just 4.7 as of today.

Reboot your computer and try reinstalling via ezscan.

Tracker

Mark
WB5SLA

That's correct, it is for updated radios
Still looking for a good how to program video

MichaelBhere

There is currently no legacy 48 update installer, just 4.7 as of today.

Reboot your computer and try reinstalling via ezscan.

I do not have a PSR-800 but saw this post while reading. I see the page on the whistler website says 4.7 but I downloaded anyway and the file is actually 4.8. Seems they must have overlooked to update the note on the page but are clearly offering 4.8 if you download it.

To update I suspect it is the same as my TRX-1

If it is stuck in the waiting for update message every time you turn the scanner on remove at least 1 battery, press and hold the Menu key then plug USB in to pc then release the menu key.

Open the CPUUpdater for you scanner and follow the directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.