Whistler_Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No one is stopping anyone from discussing bugs or features suggestions in the forums, however don't expect Whistler to respond to any of the forum discussions or to catalog anything being discussed. In fact, assume that they are not reading the forums and are unaware of any discussions being had. The bottom line is that if you care enough about a bug or feature suggestion, use the process Whistler has put in place and send a direct email to them. Pretty straightforward concept.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The reason for wanting Don Starr back is the people that have came here in the last 2 years has no idea what he ment to GRE/WHISTLER to make a long storey short DON STARR was the UPMAN of GRE/WHISTLER and knew the products inside and out and if he were to return would be a great asset to WHISTLER and the users here.

radio3353

No one is stopping anyone from discussing bugs or features suggestions in the forums, however don't expect Whistler to respond to any of the forum discussions or to catalog anything being discussed. In fact, assume that they are not reading the forums and are unaware of any discussions being had. The bottom line is that if you care enough about a bug or feature suggestion, use the process Whistler has put in place and send a direct email to them. Pretty straightforward concept.

Whistler prefers the secret route - email us and we will look at. Don't tell us here on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

CycleSycho

:) Folks, I think we are muddled in the text and not the intent! There is NO reason not to discuss suggestions in the forum, Whistler_Support is just (IMHO) saying to send them in officially through the links provided, to be officially considered. WHEN all the 'culling' is done to a mutual satisfaction, members should send them in! Oh, since I asked, and got no reply, I think from now on I will call Whistler_Support 'WS' . :)

N0JVY

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone explain on Whistler library updates, are we really getting new updates, or just a different version number each week? I can't seem to notice new talk groups on my units.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone explain on Whistler library updates, are we really getting new updates, or just a different version number each week? I can't seem to notice new talk groups on my units.

There may not be any updates in the Radio Reference database for your area or on the systems you are updating. But I can assure you the Whistler updates are pulling in new information. In the past two weeks, I submitted new TGIDs for a federal agency on our state system and they are in Library Update 677. (See TG 60660 and 60661, submitted 5/08 and 5/14)

Screenshot 2020-05-23 16.57.37.png

N0NFY

Premium Subscriber
EZ Scan updates for Library say's Certificate is invalid , can't update EZ scan library .

kruser

Premium Subscriber
EZ Scan updates for Library say's Certificate is invalid , can't update EZ scan library .

Make sure you are running the newest version of EZ-Scan for your scanner model. If not, go to Whistler's site with one of the links in the thread that doctordialtone posted and download the latest version directly and install it. It will install over your existing version, no need to uninstall your version first.

That may fix your issue. I updated a WS1080, PSR800 and TRX-2 and none had any problems.

N0NFY

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are running the newest version of EZ-Scan for your scanner model. If not, go to Whistler's site with one of the links in the thread that doctordialtone posted and download the latest version directly and install it. It will install over your existing version, no need to uninstall your version first.

That may fix your issue. I updated a WS1080, PSR800 and TRX-2 and none had any problems.
Kruser I'm running the latest version 3.35 on my TRX-1 & TRX-2 update site on EZ scan does same on both have had couple friends with TRX scanners try and they have same issue .

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Kruser I'm running the latest version 3.35 on my TRX-1 & TRX-2 update site on EZ scan does same on both have had couple friends with TRX scanners try and they have same issue .
That was the only suggestion I could think of.
I suppose Whistler's certificate could have expired in the last several hours or since I did all my updates. I know it's happened before as has been mentioned.
Maybe a call or email to Whistler is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.