Whistler_Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for introducing yourself, hope you will be an active part of the forums and continue to bring information about the Whistler scanners and future developments. You have BIG shoes to fill following @WhistlerWendy

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Anyone can tell us ONCE a new radio is out, what we want to know here is what is being realistically PLANNED.

I very much doubt that you will see that type of information being shared, for several reasons:

1) Their major competitor in this market steadfastly refuses to do so
2) Whistler made that mistake with the now-cancelled TRX-100/200
3) Osborne effect - Wikipedia

Honestly I would be disappointed in Whistler if they started doing what you are wishing for.

CycleSycho

Hello Whistler_Support!

:) HUGE welcome, hope WW (Whistler Wendy) is doing OK, and got a HUGE promotion! :)

:) Is there only one of you, or is this a multi-person 'person(s)'? If one (Like WW), what may we address you as (Whistler_Support is so DRY!). :)

:) I'm George, and you (or in a case of more than one, maybe a more personal persona like maybe WS?)? :)

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Machria, when new products become available, this forum will be one of the first to learn of it.

Thanks, but I was just joking around! ;-)

But seriously, as a word of encouragement to Whislter.... As a semi-retired IT guy that was responsible for a lot of users all around the country for 23 years, I'll offer this hard learned advice: Good communication with the "client base" (in your case the customers) is extremely important. That includes good communication (new announcements, new firmware released....) and BAD communication (canceling a project, something isn't working right, a fix is taking longer than expected...). No communication is much worse than bad communication!

And lastly don't build a device, release it and see if it is what customers want (aka see if it sells). Instead design and build a device that the customers want. Find out what we want, and figure out how to build it!

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
We have an email account set up if bugs are found and need to be brought to our attention
We have an email account set up for scanner suggestions

Many forum members have used these accounts to resulting in the correction of some bugs and the addition of many new features/functions.
New models when released will also benefit from your suggestions.

Keep the suggestions coming but please use our scanner suggestion email for this scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com

Ubbe

We would prefere to ventilate any suggestions here in the forum to see if people like it or have suggestions for modifications to it. It's a bit wierd that each individual have suggestions that no one knows about and the next person might have something similar in mind but a bit different and one part from one guy could match with one part from another guy to make a perfect suggestion for a feature that are welcomed by most people.

Sometimes you didn't even think of a feature that another person have a good suggestion for but it might need some alterations to improve on it.

/Ubbe

Machria

Premium Subscriber
We have an email account set up if bugs are found and need to be brought to our attention
We have an email account set up for scanner suggestions

Many forum members have used these accounts to resulting in the correction of some bugs and the addition of many new features/functions.
New models when released will also benefit from your suggestions.

Keep the suggestions coming but please use our scanner suggestion email for this scannersuggestions@whistlergroup.com

Oh, I have an entire 3 page "suggestion" document I'm sure your tech support/development dept is aware of. It's been sent a few times regarding the TRX. They fixed and added a few of my items a few years ago. But it seems development slowed down/ and or stopped.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Suggestions that come in thru the scannersuggestions email are logged, categorized and ranked for popularity based on the number of the same or similar suggestion.

All of the suggestions are discussed and we also look to see where suggestions may have some common ground to come up with a workable solution that may be an improvement over the initial suggestion or suggestions.

I understand your desire to use the forum as a round table discussion however I please ask that you use the process we put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.