White County changing radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
These digital systems in rural counties like White are so stupid. They shut out all the other agencies like GSP, DNR, and surrounding agencies from listening and talking to them.

In rural areas its so common for neighboring counties, GSP, DNR, other cities to help each other out on calls, warrants, searches, chases, etc.

Why make it so freaking difficult to work?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
the bottom line is they don't WANT anyone to listen. Let's be real about something, with the availability of smartphone apps, there are quite a few more ears out there. This also means more people calling the MEDIA when something goes wrong and five ENG trucks show up for "breaking news".

The price to pay is less interagency interop but at least White county is still VHF, so they CAN switch to an analog conventional like 154.905 and have direct end to end comms if need be.

But at the end of the day, these agencies do NOT want anyone to listen in. End of story.

W4JLR

When they went to mothertrbo, narrowbanding happened.
Larry

sorry should have said when FIRE/EMS goes to narrowband on of the chiefs said could be a couple of years
there on 155.715 155.835 154.295 and 153.785

N8IAA

sorry should have said when FIRE/EMS goes to narrowband on of the chiefs said could be a couple of years
there on 155.715 155.835 154.295 and 153.785

They'll have to be compliant by 1/13:roll: unless they apply for an extension.
Larry

W4JLR

the bottom line is they don't WANT anyone to listen. Let's be real about something, with the availability of smartphone apps, there are quite a few more ears out there. This also means more people calling the MEDIA when something goes wrong and five ENG trucks show up for "breaking news".

The price to pay is less interagency interop but at least White county is still VHF, so they CAN switch to an analog conventional like 154.905 and have direct end to end comms if need be.

But at the end of the day, these agencies do NOT want anyone to listen in. End of story.

Neal Waldon
I heard he wan't even let the fire Chief's have his frequencies in their radio.

rsteen

I Live in white county and cannot get anything but Ems and Fire dispatch calls as well

micco

Fire pagers are in the process of getting reprogrammed. New tones have been setup and tested for the last week or two. New frequency for Fire/EMS paging has been established as well.

W4JLR

Fire pagers are in the process of getting reprogrammed. New tones have been setup and tested for the last week or two. New frequency for Fire/EMS paging has been established as well.

Do you know if Primary paging will still be on 155.715 ??

W4JLR

update 2014

All White Co Fire talk groups have went digital. How ever in order to "set off" Motorola MINITOR pagers 1 Frequency was left open for Dispatch only. I am pleased that Last week they Changed this back. The main talk group is Digital but it is reflected to Analog and can be heard on 155.715 and both "field units" as well as "dispatch" Can be heard.

All other White Co Agencies are Pure Motrotrbo Digital so until they is a DMR scanner invented on the market it cannot be herd. Not sure what trunking status is.

W4JLR

N8IAA

All White Co Fire talk groups have went digital. How ever in order to "set off" Motorola MINITOR pagers 1 Frequency was left open for Dispatch only. I am pleased that Last week they Changed this back. The main talk group is Digital but it is reflected to Analog and can be heard on 155.715 and both "field units" as well as "dispatch" Can be heard.

All other White Co Agencies are Pure Motrotrbo Digital so until they is a DMR scanner invented on the market it cannot be herd. Not sure what trunking status is.

W4JLR

Being that the TRBO system is Capacity Plus, even if a scanner is developed for TRBO, you still won't hear anything. Same as encrypting a P-25 system.
Larry

RRR

Premium Subscriber
It just amuses me somewhat when people claim something will go the way they say it will with such certainty, and it doesn't happen that way.

But I agree, it was OT, I digress.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Being that the TRBO system is Capacity Plus, even if a scanner is developed for TRBO, you still won't hear anything. Same as encrypting a P-25 system.
Larry

Habersham County is Capacity+, but White County is conventional TRBO repeaters. Helen PD and Cleveland PD are also on conventional TRBO repeaters, not trunked.

Dan

tneal901

I know that Hall county has a tower in White county. Wonder if they are trying that out.
Larry

So much for interop, unless they want to talk to McDuffie County dog cat

Hey watch your mouth about McDuffie County!

Status
Not open for further replies.