WIN500 or ARC500

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVT

Can somebody give me a reason as to why I can not download either WIN500 or ARC500??? I am running Windows XP SP3. All I can get is a screen that strobes on and off until I shut my computer manually. I have downloaded the .net files, shut down my anti-virus, shut down the firewall and still no luck. I am overlooking something but what??? Does anybody have an idea???

RKG

If you can run Task Manager, go to "Processes" and visually scan for a process called "xxxxsysguard.exe", where "xxxx" is a string from from 4 to 7 random characters. If it is there, you have the "Anti-Virus Virus." There is a prior thread or two about this, as well as instructions for how to get rid of it from several web sites.

TVT

Win500 & arc500

Thank you so much for your help. I will give that a try. I am trying to download it for my pro-197. I am not in the least new to scanners but I am when it comes to the pro-197. What a learning experiance!!!!

TVT

Win500 Arc500

Got it!!!! Winzip was the whole problem. I used WinRAR to open the software programs, they opened and ran fine. Thank you to the people that did respond to my subject. I appreciate the help very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.