• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun mobile.....yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshg46

I'm happy to see this is fixing to be released. Now lets hope it has good reviews.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm hesitant to take a chance on this thing, someone else is gonna have to be the "guinea pig" for us to hear from! :roll:

n9zas

jhooten

I'm hesitant to take a chance on this thing, someone else is gonna have to be the "guinea pig" for us to hear from! :roll:

n9zas

Not to worry, the reservation list on the website is over 10k. There are plenty of people willing to be the test subjects.

Rumors at first were pricing under $200. Now the rumors is closer to $400. For that I will buy the FT8800.

N5DRM

Premium Subscriber
I too will wait a bit to see what others say about it before a purchase is considered. I'm curious as to why they didn't preview it at Dayton? Maybe a marketing thing, not sure. I have three Wouxun HT's, two KG-UVD1P and a KG-UV6D Ver 2. Have had no problems with any so I hope the mobile cost is reasonable and it will stand up to moderate to heavy use as the HT's have.

David

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I too will wait a bit to see what others say about it before a purchase is considered. I'm curious as to why they didn't preview it at Dayton? Maybe a marketing thing, not sure. I have three Wouxun HT's, two KG-UVD1P and a KG-UV6D Ver 2. Have had no problems with any so I hope the mobile cost is reasonable and it will stand up to moderate to heavy use as the HT's have.

David

I'm sure Kenwood isn't too thrilled since the Wouxun mobile closely resembles the the TM-V71A

jshg46

If the price tag is closer to 300-400 dollars Ill pass on it, Yaesu is better quality Im sure for close to that price.

N4KVE

I too will wait a bit to see what others say about it before a purchase is considered. I'm curious as to why they didn't preview it at Dayton?
You would figure since pictures have been taken of this mobile radio, that prototypes exist. So wouldn't the importer have one sample to show at Dayton where thousands of prospective buyers would be able to see a working model? Wouldn't the importer want to showcase the radio at the largest Hamfest in the USA? Many times the big 3 have shown radios at Hamfests that were not yet approved. What's up with that? GARY N4KVE

gewecke

Banned
You would figure since pictures have been taken of this mobile radio, that prototypes exist. So wouldn't the importer have one sample to show at Dayton where thousands of prospective buyers would be able to see a working model? Wouldn't the importer want to showcase the radio at the largest Hamfest in the USA? Many times the big 3 have shown radios at Hamfests that were not yet approved. What's up with that? GARY N4KVE

I'm not sure simple logic has caught on in that country yet!
Or maybe they're afraid they can't meet the demand in the u.s. who knows?

n9zas

nd5y

Obviously some of you people have never worked for a manufacturer. There are many things that can delay a product release.
1. It isn't their only product. It could have been pushed to the back burner because of more important projects.
2. Sometimes the lead time for electronic components can be several months. There may be a part that they can't get and they can't find another vendor.
3. They may have to wait in a long line behind other customers to get the FCC certification tests done by the testing lab.
4. They may have to wait in a long line behind other customers for a contract manufacturer to actually produce the radios If Wouxun doesn't have their own factory.
5. Maybe the factory was damaged in a fire, flood or earthquake.
6. It might be a poorly designed POS that won't pass certification or company QA standards and needs to be fixed. See #1.

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
Oh we understand how the mfg. process works alright, But I'm betting on a explanation closer to #6.

n9zas

KA9QPN

BTW, still no filing for certification on the FCC OET website. I'm thinking that they won't be going forward without that.

N4KVE

Well this is a surprise. At that price, it's more expensive than some of the big 3. The whole attraction to their radios is while programming from the radio is very difficult, & from the software not much easier, & overlooking the cheap feel, they were CHEAP to buy, & disposable, should they break. People will speak with their wallets. GARY N4KVE

Status
Not open for further replies.