WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveEnter

Just renewed the scan list for Washington county, WI when I downloaded the new list my reliable WS1040 seemed to scan, "G" only on top line but did not pick up anything. I reloaded a scan list from a year ago and everything works fine. Did I miss something?

SteveEnter

Using ARC500 1.14 build 5 whatever that means. Was trying to attach the frequencies from Washington county WI from my computer but could not attach the file because "the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." Whistler WS 1040 Another thing, the USB scanner programming cable from Whistler would not work, it would not let me select computer usb input. My old Radio Shack cable worked.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Wondering if I need to purchase ARC500 newer version? 1.14 pretty old, $25 for basic $45 for pro
No need to purchase a "newer" version of this, or most other scanner software programs. Almost all, including the ARC series, include future updates at no charge. The current version of ARC500 is V1.30.

SteveEnter

Swipesy, Thanks. When I changed those frequencies, the program automatically added a "0" at the end. Will that extra digit cause a problem? Haven't tried uploading to scanner yet - will test later today. Thanks, hiegtx for software info. Saved me $$$ which is always good. Another question, it shows 3 identical trunking locations. Simulcast? or could I delete two? I have Whistler 1040 and SDS100. Whistler out performs the SDS big time. SDS100 was big disappointment. And the rubber bands to hold the battery compartment closed are really attractive.

SteveEnter

So far, no success. I deleted the files I downloaded Saturday and will reload. Maybe they were corrupted. At least I have the file from last year that works. Will spend some time comparing the new with the old. See that the old had only one trunk system and frequencies had a 0 in front - maybe a placeholder to provide enough digits.

Swipesy

I will program the configuration you sent me with PSREdit and send to you. You can import the PSREdit file into your ARC 500 program and then load to your scanner.

Swipesy

Steve, attached is a PSREdit.zip which contains a bin file called Steve.bin. You should be able to import steve.bin into your ARC500 program and then load to your scanner. If this does not work then you either are out of range to receive the system or their is little action on the TG's you have chosen or some firmware/hardware issue. Let me know if it works,

Attachments

• PSREdit.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 1

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the zipped file I was trying to load
Try this file.. I made some changes. You had 3 systems, all with the same name. The scanner cannot tell which talkgroups are associated with each system. You had the 700 Mhz system entered twice. The third system had a combination of 150 and 700 frequencies. With Multi-Site set to Roam, it would have gone to the best signal (150 or 700) and stayed there. Since both systems now use a single site, I set Multi-Site to Off. You now have two systems, one is VHF and the other is 700. I duplicated the talkgroups. The talkgroups associated with the VHF site are on scan list 1 and the talkgroups associated with the 700 site are on scan list 2. By listening to each scan list separately, you will be able to tell which talkgroups are affiliated with each system. I changed the Digital AGC to Off. The AGC action can increase garbled audio on simulcast sites.

Attachments

• Monster20C_2.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 3

tvengr

Well Known Member
For your info, I could have used a single system with both the VHF and 700 frequencies and Multi-Site set to Stationary. That would scan both sites. The way it is set up gives you control of which site or sites you want to use.

SteveEnter

Try this file.. I made some changes. You had 3 systems, all with the same name. The scanner cannot tell which talkgroups are associated with each system. You had the 700 Mhz system entered twice. The third system had a combination of 150 and 700 frequencies. With Multi-Site set to Roam, it would have gone to the best signal (150 or 700) and stayed there. Since both systems now use a single site, I set Multi-Site to Off. You now have two systems, one is VHF and the other is 700. I duplicated the talkgroups. The talkgroups associated with the VHF site are on scan list 1 and the talkgroups associated with the 700 site are on scan list 2. By listening to each scan list separately, you will be able to tell which talkgroups are affiliated with each system. I changed the Digital AGC to Off. The AGC action can increase garbled audio on simulcast sites.
THANKS for all your work Will check it out Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.