• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR3500e No Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7AS

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
127
Reaction score
7
Location
Prescott Valley, AZ
I followed the manual and could not find Bluetooth on the radio menu.
Is there a way to activate it in the CPS?
 

Tech21

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
499
Reaction score
332
Does bluetooth show as an option in "Configuration"?

If it does I believe it's under network options to enable it;.
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
Bluetooth will be under the network tab. For a factory fresh codeplug 1st save your tuning data just in case. Next make sure you have either the same firmware thats in the radio or a newer version installed in cps and then do a recover.
 

N7AS

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
127
Reaction score
7
Location
Prescott Valley, AZ
I am so fed up with Motorola. I got a NEW copy of MOTOTRBO CPS 2.0 latest version yesterday along with the 20/25khz bandwidth key.
I connected my Brand NEW XPR7550e and read the radio. I got as far as registering the key and then got an Error message for the next step. I had to call them back 5 or 6 times and still have not got it fixed. They outsource all the tech help to some foreign countries and am sick of listening to some dumbass foreigner try to tell me how to fix something when they know they don't know what they are talking about. I told them I want to talk to someone born in the USA that does not have a dumbass foreign accent. There are people in the US that need jobs. These companies are so cheap tightwad and don't want to pay someone who really needs a job.
I am done with Motorola and told them I am about to trash two NEW Motorola radios.
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
You are registering the 20/25 khz bandwidth key as an application feature not a device feature correct?
 

Tech21

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
499
Reaction score
332
Dude, it's not Motorola's problem you don't know what you're doing.

These radios require some basic technical competence and unfortunately, you don't have any.
 

N7AS

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
127
Reaction score
7
Location
Prescott Valley, AZ
CPS to reconize the 20/25 Khz key. I programmed some channels and when I went to write I got this error.

screenshot.177.jpg
I got the same error when writing to write to my XPR3500e

Where do I go to fix this?
 

Tech21

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2018
Messages
499
Reaction score
332
General -->Security-->RAS key-->Type in 000000, then hit delete(minus symbol)
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
In CPS 2.0 bottom left screen click on validation results and see what is wrong/missing from the codeplug and fix whatever the issue is.
 

N7AS

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
127
Reaction score
7
Location
Prescott Valley, AZ
I have a problem with my XPR3500e.
I just have analog channels programmed. When I got the radio the company who had it went out of business and had some digital and analog channels programmed.

I got the same error message I had with my XPR7550e but when I went to look at the Validation Report this is what it showed.
screenshot.180.jpg
Can anyone make sense out of this?
I still can't write to the radio.
 

hakwye8518

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
57
Location
Town of Islip, NY
Under contacts make sure you have at least 1digital group call and 1 digital private call. It doesn’t matter what the ids are for that they just have to be there
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top