XT scanner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
OK, I know this may not be as “sexy” a topic as the millions of X36HP threads but I’ll give it a shot:

I STILL own just a BCT15X. For Suffolk County NY, there is a trunked police department system (Mot II). Within that system, there are so many different TGIDs that I have taken to creating TWO systems with the same name, and putting half of one set of all the TGIDs in one and half in the other.

I know I could have combined ALL the TGIDs into less than or equal to 20 groups (the maximum number of groups the scanner will support in one TRS) but if I did that the alpha tagging would have gotten very difficult to follow. The way I have it set up it is very clear as to exactly who you are listening to at any given moment because I have many groups labelled very carefully to match what channels are "under" them.

My question is: Is this “slowing down” my scanner? Does my scanner have to check the control channel TWICE (once for each system) before decoding and locking on a TG? If so, how much faster would it be if I combined all the TGs into a single (but not very “tage friendly”) system?

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
The scanner is going to spend 1.5-2 seconds on each control channel (and even though each system is programmed with the same site information, the scanner will treat them as two separate systems). While it is scanning one iteration, it won't recognize any hit on a channel that is in the other iteration.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The scanner is going to spend 1.5-2 seconds on each control channel (and even though each system is programmed with the same site information, the scanner will treat them as two separate systems). While it is scanning one iteration, it won't recognize any hit on a channel that is in the other iteration.

Ahh, OK, thanks. This answers my question perfectly. I DID understand that my scanner won't "switch" from one iteration to the other, that much was intuitive to me, I didn't think however about the CC decode time, that completely went over my head when I did this. I just slowed down my scanner...! I will try to consolidate some TGIDs.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.