Status
Not open for further replies.

DocP

So I have a lot to learn about the 2-way world but I have an XTS 500 and I am needing to have it programed. Looking for someone local that might be able to program this radio.
NOT LOOKING FOR SOFTWARE!!!!

Are you licensed on the freqs you want to program? It's an FCC rule for transmitting.
This link shows part 90 rules.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-i...828e2fa2f0362&mc=true&node=pt47.5.90&rgn=div5

§90.427 Precautions against unauthorized operation.
(a) Each transmitter shall be so installed and protected that it is not accessible to or capable of operation by persons other than those duly authorized by and under the control of the licensee. Provisions of this part authorizing certain unlicensed persons to operate stations, or authorizing unattended operation of stations in certain circumstances, shall not be construed to change or diminish in any respect the responsibility of station licensees to maintain control over the stations licensed to them (including all transmitter units thereof), or for the proper functioning and operation of those stations and transmitter units in accordance with the terms of the licenses of those stations.

(b) Except for frequencies used in accordance with §90.417, no person shall program into a transmitter frequencies for which the licensee using the transmitter is not authorized.

Some folks have deliberately interfered with public safety comms, search for FCC DA 14-312 and
DA 14-880.

Anyone helping you might be in legal jeopardy.

Now that Comey is gone the Hillary defense of "careless not criminal" might not work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.