• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 Compatible mics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Just make sure you get the plastic stiffener that clips on to the back of the top of the radio to stabilize the RSM if you don't already have it.

SCPD

QRT
Just make sure you get the plastic stiffener that clips on to the back of the top of the radio to stabilize the RSM if you don't already have it.

Yes my radio came with one.

Um let's see. I'm a huge fan of the commander series mics and I want some input on if this is accurate:
RMN5038A & RMN5023B mics will work on the xts2500 correct? I wouldn't mind having one with the channel knob on top but its important to me that the two side buttons and RSM knob is functional.

SCPD

QRT
for a commander to work with an XTS2500 it has to have a HOST of 10.0 or higher

Four post up you'll see I posted 2 RMN models that will work with the xts2500.
I had a commander rmn5088 but it did not work at all with my xts2500 so I sold it.
My DSP and HOST is 15.00+

SCPD

QRT
Commander II RSMs don't work with the XTS 2500... because Motorola is retarded. Why are they retarded? Because the Commander II RSMs do, in fact, work with MTS2000 and HT1000 (of course, the volume, buttons don't work, but the side and orange buttons do) but not with the XTS 2500.

See here, page 2.

http://www.motorola.com/web/Busines...mote Speaker Microphone Comparison Matrix.pdf

Rmn5038 & rmn5023 do not work with the xts2500? I could a swore I searched and found out they do intact work even the volume buttons and channel knob (if you get the model with the channel knob).

SCPD

QRT
They don't work with the XTS2500. I have a 5023 and a XTS2500 in my hand right now. The mic is completely invisible to the radio. Even the speaker doesn't work.

There are tons of threads on the internet, and even more sales on eBay that say RMN5038 / 5023 work with the XTS2500. They are all wrong.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
According to their own matrix though, the 5038 does work with the 2500. No channel knob though.

SCPD

QRT

SCPD

QRT
Well, the GPS model HMN4080A works wih the 2500. It has side buttons. The things are friggin expensive though.

SCPD

QRT
All the information is in the two links provided on this page and at motorola.com.

What more do you need?

SCPD

QRT
All the information is in the two links provided on this page and at motorola.com.

What more do you need?

One more question
Rmn5055 work with the 2500 ?
Im depressed when i read those two links ! Cause now im going to have to purchase xts3000 or 5000 model 2 or 3 to use my fav mics

Status
Not open for further replies.