• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 800mHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelld

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I have an MTS2000 H38 set up on on a SmartNet System. I just got an XTS3000 H38/Q806, and have everything set up the same way, or so it seems. However, when I go to key up on any talkgroup, it won't key up. It receives perfectly, and my Individual ID is set up correctly. Connect tones are correct, system IDs are correct. I can't seem to figure it out. Can anybody offer some help?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Even with the connect tones and system ID's being correct, is the user ID valid? Also, is this on a analog or digital TRS? You may want to contact the administrator of the system you are attempting to access to check out your radio to a) ensure it is set up correctly and b) ensure that you are allowed on the system.

shelld

Premium Subscriber
Before anybody gets into this, yes I am allowed on this system, and yes, my user ID IS correct. It works in the MTS. All I get on the XTS is a low tone.

EDIT: This is analog SmartNet, by the way. Sorry I forgot to include that.

Last edited:

fineshot1

I've checked my control channels four times, at least. any other ideas?

If you also have an MTS2000 on this system and it works aok then open up
both codeplugs side by side and do a stair and compare with them to make
sure you have all the same parameters in both by checking every tab under
each catagory in the codeplug tree.

shelld

Premium Subscriber
I've done a side by side multiple times, and yes, they're both rebanded. Still drawing a blank :/

RKG

Long distance and sight unseen makes it hard to offer more than speculation. However, one thing comes to mind:

Check the order in which the control channels are specified in both radios, particularly if (per the Rebanding User's Guide) the radios have both the old and the new control channels. It may be that your radio is locked on a control channel that is in use by some other system, and when it sends a channel grant ISW, the grant is denied because of a SysID mismatch. Hence the failure "boop".

Assuming the system has converted to the rebanded freqs, it is a good idea to delete the old control channels.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Shelld,
If you want you can contact me directly I have a XTS3000 800 MHz Radio I use daily, if you want contact me privately through this site or by email robertklamp@aol.com. I program my own radios and have to switch between three or four TRS's a day not to mention the ones I just have to monitor so I know my way around the radio quite well. RKG is on the right path if you put both the Re-Banded and non Re-Banded control channels in that may cause some issues. If the system is Re-Banded the proper way to set it up is to use only the rebanded control channels, he's right there may be a system in range of your radio that is using the non rebanded channel and your radio may be locking on to the wrong system. Also set a button on the side or what ever button you like to the Site Display/Search option under the button menu in the CPS if you have a model 2 or 3 that will show you the site number and you can confirm that the radio is indeed locked onto the correct site. If you any other questions or maybe want a second opinion on the settings and programming in your codeplug feel free to send me a copy of it and I am more than happy to look it over.

Have a good day and hope this helps,
Bob

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Something else you might want to try, program in a conventional repeater channel if you have access to one. If not program in one of the old NSPAC channels and go into direct mode.
Have a friend help you test out radio / radio and see how far apart you can get. Its possible the XTS3000 might have a bad RF board and the transmit power could be extremely low or nill.
Based on what your saying its possible a hardware failure could be occurring.
Do some testing on the direct side and see if the unit is operating at full power, or try to find a shop that will put it on the bench and verify the hardware is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.