York County talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to several scanners yesterday as the 4th of July celebrations were picking up. I found a new TGID for York County, 1007. It probably (based on the numbering scheme already in place) belongs to the York County Parks and Rec.

Seems that TGIDs 1006, 1007 and 1008 (the LIBRARY??) were the ones being used to coordinate the Yorktown activities. TGID 1006 was being used for the logistics side (i.e., parking, traffic reports and such), 1007 was for actual events (i.e., press, VIPS and parade). I heard 1008, but it may not have been event related, don't recall what was said on that group now.

I had my 396 on ID Search for the York system. I really don't recall seeing much if any activity on their 'special events' talk groups (i.e., 1263-1266). Did anyone else notice this?

Williamsburg and James City County were fairly active, but not to the degree of York County. Williamsburg had a parade going, but I think they counted on the Busch Gardens for fireworks.

Listening to the reports for Yorktown, traffic trying to get there was backed up on the Colonial Parkway, Cook Road AND Route 17. The York County Sheriff was busy with traffic control. National Park Service Rangers were out and the NPS channel was busier than normal. Surprisingly though VSP didn't seem to be doing much beyond their normal routines. Even the VSP trooper who lives down the street from me didn't go out until after 9 PM yesterday.

YCSO was using their TGID A13 (TG 1035) quite a bit, nearly all of it ENCRYPTED (come on Sheriff Diggs, this is the FOURTH OF JULY, celebrating our INDEPENDENCE and FREEDOM, don't hide your info for an event like this. Remember you're here to protect and to SERVE.).

wx4u

York County

Agree- Only a few talkgroups should use encryption- TAC/SWAT not Dispatch-Hampton using Provoice or some scrambling on talkgroup 04-084 (Police/Fire Channel). It is not full time, but occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.