Zello feed from a Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

johansisno

I agree. I am not the one...

I gave up on LineageOS. Never got the VOX to be stable. I sprung ($) for Emteria OS and so far that has performed solidly.

Set upped rpi3 with lineageOS, i also experience the vox failing after a while.

Did you experience the same thing with EmteriaOS?

DC31

Feed Provider
Yes, I did. I am beta testing a completely new program on Raspbian Buster now that seems to work much better. Stand by...

johansisno

Yes, I did. I am beta testing a completely new program on Raspbian Buster now that seems to work much better. Stand by...

How did you make Zello run on Raspbian Buster? Maybe I can help in testing also.

unmaintained

Wow. Can you share how did you do it? Thanks so much

I've created a Linux binary (both x86 and arm) implementing the Zello protocol meant as the back-end of a SailfishOS app (NRad | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System).
But you can also run it without its front-end UI on any Raspbian, Ubuntu etc. as long as you install libopusfile + pulseaudio to satisfy the dependencies. Just PM me if you would like to test it.

kb9mwr

DC31

Feed Provider
I have seen that error also. I don’t remember now if I solved it or what I might have done. You could try sudo apt install opus-tools

kb9mwr

I am running a Raspberry Pi 3b, and used the 2020-05-27-raspios-buster-lite-armhf image, and brought everything up to date before I started.

DC31

Feed Provider
Thanks. Exactly the same setup that I have attempted unsuccessfully. That must be where I have run into the opuslib issue. The Zello feeds that I am running quite successfully are both on pi4’s running the full gui Buster OS.

kb9mwr

Thanks. Exactly the same setup that I have attempted unsuccessfully. That must be where I have run into the opuslib issue. The Zello feeds that I am running quite successfully are both on pi4’s running the full gui Buster OS.
Good to know, thanks for passing that along.

kb9mwr

Well using the 2020-05-27-raspios-buster-full-armhf image does get me past the whole opus problem, but now I can't get past this:

ImportError: cannot import name 'pkcs1_15' from 'Crypto.Signature' (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/Crypto/Signature/__init__.py)

And I thought this was going to be the cure: sudo pip3 install pycrypto, but same head banging.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Well using the 2020-05-27-raspios-buster-full-armhf image does get me past the whole opus problem, but now I can't get past this:

ImportError: cannot import name 'pkcs1_15' from 'Crypto.Signature' (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/Crypto/Signature/__init__.py)

And I thought this was going to be the cure: sudo pip3 install pycrypto, but same head banging.

From my notes:
pip3 install pycryptodome
(if this doesn't work, try this:
pip3 uninstall crypto pip3 uninstall pycryptodome pip3 install pycryptodome
see here: Frequently Asked Questions — PyCryptodome 3.9.8 documentation)

Status
Not open for further replies.