SDS100/SDS200: DMR Simplex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Hey Kevin,
It appears it will I tested it using a couple of different DMR radios and it decided it just fine. Now I have to test DMR while using close call and see if close call will decode DMR signals with out having to save them to the the radios memory.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ubbe

Now I have to test DMR while using close call and see if close call will decode DMR signals

That would be interesting to know, as it in previous models only used analog AM or FM depending of the bandplan and didn't try to decode any kind of digital signals.

If it only concentrates on the RF frequency and it is the frequency that you avoid to not hit you again, and just added digital decode to hear voice and see the site/TG/UID info, it would make sense.

/Ubbe

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
DMR simplex cannot be detected by Close Call. The short duration 50 percent duty cycle bursts are too short to be reliably counted, thus do not create a hit (cc works by taking multiple free-air frequency counts ... if 3 counts in a row match, it is considered a hit and not just random RF noise).

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thank you UPMan but I have had my 996P2 rx my handheld DMR radios with close call on a simplex channel. So it's not impossible just improbable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

K5FPP

Premium Subscriber
DMR simplex cannot be detected by Close Call. The short duration 50 percent duty cycle bursts are too short to be reliably counted, thus do not create a hit (cc works by taking multiple free-air frequency counts ... if 3 counts in a row match, it is considered a hit and not just random RF noise).
Is this a software limitation?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No, it's a limitation of the wideband frequency counter chip that does the detection.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Well aware of the requirement for the upgrade, specifically inquiring about DMR simplex.

kevino .
the Uniden SDS100 can demodulate DMR single channel but only with an paid UPGRADE. but you also get DMR Tier III as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.