RRDB v2.0 Q&A and Feedback Discussion

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Lol weird. I must have missed the username.
I think you missed the whole point of 03msc's post, as you told him he was "wrong" for making the exact same point you made a few posts later. Go back and re-read it, he clearly said that we no longer bother with primary and alternate designations in the RRDB, instead using only "control capable". You said he was "wrong", then proceeded to post the exact same thing. 🤦‍♂️

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
My post is still there. And so is its accuracy.

There is no longer a distinction between alternate and primary control channels. They’re just listed as control capable now. As I stated. Have a good one! (y)

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to assume he misread my post which he quoted and said was wrong. Benefit of the doubt and all. Waiting for such an acknowledgement...

Jonwojcik

Premium Subscriber
I thought PPS had a native import via the Web Service?
It does, but I've always used the CSV download from the radio reference site because of bug issues with the direct import feature. They got it working but I never tried it until now.

PhillyPhoto

So much for you wanting to be anonymous. You just outed yourself. :p
There's a difference in not announcing what feed you provide and announcing that you do indeed provide a feed ;)

I still didn't see an answer to my question though, are DB premium features strictly pay-to-play? Because according to the premium page, I am considered a premium subscriber:

Radio Reference Premium Account.png

Last edited:

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I tried to download the DSD Formatted Talkgroup Data File (DSDPlus.groups) for CNYICC, but it links to the CSV file. I don't download the "groups" files all that often, so I was surprised to see the functionality changed or the link is incorrect. This is a huge benefit of subscribing to RR. Hopefully this is just a bad link. Here is the page:

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
I tried to download the DSD Formatted Talkgroup Data File (DSDPlus.groups) for CNYICC, but it links to the CSV file. I don't download the "groups" files all that often, so I was surprised to see the functionality changed or the link is incorrect. This is a huge benefit of subscribing to RR. Hopefully this is just a bad link. Here is the page:

Just tried the csv download and it brought up the proper window for storing file using Chrome. Just clicked the down arrow to get it.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I'm working on my first cup of coffee, so please pardon my craziness. If I recall correctly, the link used to point to the DSDPlus.groups file (without the CSV extension).

The second issue that I noted. When you download the DSDPlus.groups.csv file, the first line says:
; Copy and Paste this data into your DSDPlus.sites file

This should read:
; Copy and Paste this data into your DSDPlus.groups file

If you copy the talkgroup data into the sites file, you will have issues with DSDPlus Fastlane.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm working on my first cup of coffee, so please pardon my craziness. If I recall correctly, the link used to point to the DSDPlus.groups file (without the CSV extension).

The second issue that I noted. When you download the DSDPlus.groups.csv file, the first line says:
; Copy and Paste this data into your DSDPlus.sites file

This should read:
; Copy and Paste this data into your DSDPlus.groups file

If you copy the talkgroup data into the sites file, you will have issues with DSDPlus Fastlane.
I pushed a quick fix to the first line so it should read correctly now.

We send it down as a CSV file, because it technically is, and I believe some browsers have problems with a .groups extension. Either way, you should be good to go now.

Edit: I fixed the filename issue and removed the CSV extension. You should be all set with the previous behavior.