ecps92

For years (Analog) and into the Digital days, 163.3000 was a CBP Channel , but with $301 (Net 51)
the use of $293 could be a new CBP Air Net (throwing Spit at the wall) since we know CBP Air 1-9 are $293
maybe / maybe not we have stumbled onto something...

CBP Air for years was Omaha, the the current shift to Idaho, not familiar with Badger
The 293 NAC helps a bit.

ecps92

O Kramer, or we could say George, Elaine or even N E W M A N (so many could apply)

Please think before engaging your fingers (mouth)

Yes we are (based on the OPs Report) working on the identification of the Federal user on 163.3000 mHz and using $293

As part of that, some well respected Federal Monitors pointed out to the OP (who is but Smaht enough to ask questions and learn)
that these additional VHF AM channels should be added to her monitoring as they may help Identify who is using the channel.

I added comment on those frequencies as in the past some folks thought they were DOA, but Nope, they are very active, just under monitored and under reported/shared

Maybe if you actually READ, Digested and comprehended (ahhh anyone remember RIF - Reading Is Fundamental) the tone of the thread, you could have provided some valuable input vs throwing items around, because someone (ME) suggested to you to not HIJACK a thread with non related Federal monitoring information.

Welcome to being the 2023 first addition to my IGGY list
I thougt this thread was for 163.3??????

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
O Kramer, or we could say George, Elaine or even N E W M A N (so many could apply)

Please think before engaging your fingers (mouth)

Yes we are (based on the OPs Report) working on the identification of the Federal user on 163.3000 mHz and using $293

As part of that, some well respected Federal Monitors pointed out to the OP (who is but Smaht enough to ask questions and learn)
that these additional VHF AM channels should be added to her monitoring as they may help Identify who is using the channel.

I added comment on those frequencies as in the past some folks thought they were DOA, but Nope, they are very active, just under monitored and under reported/shared

Maybe if you actually READ, Digested and comprehended (ahhh anyone remember RIF - Reading Is Fundamental) the tone of the thread, you could have provided some valuable input vs throwing items around, because someone (ME) suggested to you to not HIJACK a thread with non related Federal monitoring information.

Welcome to being the 2023 first addition to my IGGY list

Okay I have to admit I searched for IGGY terminology on Google and once I got through all of the Iggy Pop results found what it means.
That was harder than maybe figuring out that 163.300 might be a USSS discrete frequency.

163.300 USSS

ecps92

for those not wanting to do the work Terry did
IGGY = Ignore :coffee:
Okay I have to admit I searched for IGGY terminology on Google and once I got through all of the Iggy Pop results found what it means.
That was harder than maybe figuring out that 163.300 might be a USSS discrete frequency.

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
That is some good info thank you Eric,
I have not copied anymore on 163.3 since
then...73,s Marcy

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
All, the 163.3 mystery is an ongoing one. They have been heard for years now.

Multiple cities have heard these guys at work, including Seattle, Houston, and a couple of others. I have had reports of activity on this frequency and 163.325 and 163.35 with the same $293 and RIDs of 1 on all radios. Sometimes not everyone is encrypted, sometimes they are. They do maintain very good OPSEC and don't give out street names or locations. They do follow targets around for long periods, but it seems to be training rather than real-world surveillance.

I have had reports of an aircraft up using the MYSTIC call sign while these events are going on. I also believe they are military RC-12 aircraft. but that's just a hunch.

So I will add the New York City and Philly areas to the ongoing research!

- Chris

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
All, the 163.3 mystery is an ongoing one. They have been heard for years now.

Multiple cities have heard these guys at work, including Seattle, Houston, and a couple of others. I have had reports of activity on this frequency and 163.325 and 163.35 with the same $293 and RIDs of 1 on all radios. Sometimes not everyone is encrypted, sometimes they are. They do maintain very good OPSEC and don't give out street names or locations. They do follow targets around for long periods, but it seems to be training rather than real-world surveillance.

I have had reports of an aircraft up using the MYSTIC call sign while these events are going on. I also believe they are military RC-12 aircraft. but that's just a hunch.

So I will add the New York City and Philly areas to the ongoing research!

- Chris

Chris

I can confirm a couple of things from the Philadelphia aspect. One aircraft did operate in the clear using RID 38448 back in 2022. They were specific enough in their description of locations that my daughter mentioned that was near where she used to go to college. The other aircraft with RID 1 was encrypted. They used orbits in the 10 to 12K altitude range and the replacement aircraft would always come in at 13K and the first aircraft would leave the orbit and aircraft two would descend down. The two aircraft did communicate on 136 MHz air air coordinating their operations.

Terry

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
If I could figure out how to post audio without making a YouTube video of it or something, I have a great audio catch of this activity. Ideas?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If I could figure out how to post audio without making a YouTube video of it or something, I have a great audio catch of this activity. Ideas?

If the audio clip is on your pc, zip it and hit Attach files button and direct it to your zipped file

1675683308462.png

josh_actual

Not sure if this helps you guys, but GSA Auctions (federal gov't auctions) has a sale listing for this out of Colorado:

Duplexer array; Sinclair Technology Inc. YA2-02532-02; Frequency MH2 RXB1: 163.3000 RXB2: 166.0000
1680796204011.png

This listing agency is:

Dept Of Commerce Nist
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305