• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can't find Hytera software for flashing

hurricaneoleg

Hello. I'm new to the forum and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place but I'm kind of frustrated and borderline desperate.

first off, I'm trying to get a PD362 and PD 782 to work but I need software called Flashburn v9 to finish the process, I tried the 3/5 but didn't get anywhere. The problem is that can't find it anywhere, not on google or any other search engines. Weeks spent searching to no avail, is there anyone who knows know where I can download it? Any help will be appreciated greatly because I'm so tired of looking for it and have nothing to show for in the end of the day.

I would also like some advice on a firmware upgrade for BD502, I searched but can't find the software version I need to use on my pc to program it. I have a universal 2-pin cable (usb to serial) and no matter what I do I can't connect it to my computer, I also don't know how to upgrade firmware on it or what I need to download or where. The funniest thing is that my own, personal radio, XPR7550e, is much more complex but it took me an hour to figure out how to program it and upgrade its firmware, the bd502 is simple and cheap and I bought 9 of them but can't program them or even connect them to my computer.

Please get back to me if you have any advice, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

The BD series has firmware updates for version 1,2 and 5 radios. Look for the Vx.xx.xx number under the serial number.

hurricaneoleg

V1. 02.10.001 but... I tried to update it with firmware the dealer from Atlantic sent to me with a data cable, destroyed two radios because the firmware changed my model number, just fyi.

hurricaneoleg

It also says "Uc: 8913A-BD502U1", and "bd502-00000000-N02000-U-1-0-f. It's not the "I" version, as far as I can tell but something else, they were all purchased near a Canadian border at Niagara Falls about two years ago, from aj Authorized Hytera Dealer.

hurricaneoleg

Neither hytera nor any of the dealers can come up with an explanation on why it's happening to my radio nor what happened to it, the only thing I can do is throw them away and buy two more hytera radios. This is idiotic, never expected this.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm not sure why you would need Flashburn. That's internal software that isn't intended for end users (hence why you can't find it). In regards to the BD502 are you using an OEM Hytera cable? You can't just use any old two pin style cable... the Hytera ones have a switch in the middle for selecting CPS mode or firmware update mode.

0xFF1E071F

Dear hurricaneoleg;
If I don't get it wrong from your first post, your hytera dealer had given you a wrong version of firmware upgrader. Thus, your radios internal model number (maybe also serial number?) had changed?
What happens when you open up the radio? Nothing or any error messages?
With in the wrong/newbie hand softwares like flashburn can turn any radio into brick!

Deltafox675

Dear hurricaneoleg;
If I don't get it wrong from your first post, your hytera dealer had given you a wrong version of firmware upgrader. Thus, your radios internal model number (maybe also serial number?) had changed?
What happens when you open up the radio? Nothing or any error messages?
With in the wrong/newbie hand softwares like flashburn can turn any radio into brick!
Hello all,

I'm having a similar problem with my MD782G. After an upgrade from V9.00.06.003iM to V9.00.07.105iM, the radio reboots fine but right after the logo there's a "Error Code 104" on the display with a continuous sound. I tried to re-upgrade but it says "Data has been Corrupted". Now I'm more worried because I've noticed after the upgrade, the radio model had changed from MD782i to MD788, even the serial # is now different from what is written on the radio.

I don't know what went wrong. Did I use the wrong TerminalBatchUpgrade version? Is there a different version for MD782, 785, 788 etc?

I'm lost and desperately need any solution to revert the change to MD782 and get the radio working again.

Thank you..

Original Radio model;
MD782-T000G0000-00000i-V1-B-A

After Upgrade;
MD788-000G0000-00000i-V1-B-A

hurricaneoleg

This happened to me and my hytera bd502i, I took an older upgrade file (called subscriber upgrade blah blah), plugged it in and it reverted back to its original form.

hurricaneoleg

I did the firmware upgrade though, not sure how 788 does it but you may need to hold down a button before it goes into a firmware upgrade mode. When it was done with the first part and the radio restarted for 20 seconds I pulled out the battery and put it back in, before that it refused to do anything.
This is why I wanted FlashBurn to force the old firmware back on, unfortunately no one came though and I think it doesn't really exist. It's called Hytera Dmr Flash Burn v9 and it allows one to force something where it doesn't belong, at least as far as I understand it. I mean, I got this to work, I'm sure I'd find my way to get the other thing to work too but that thing can't be downloaded or purchased anywhere so I'm stuck until I find it.

0xFF1E071F

@Deltafox675
Read my post here:

I have encounter several error codes like yours but never 104!

Deltafox675

Hi 0xFF1E071F,

I believe Error Code 104 occurs when the unit model has been changed to something else (like in my case 782 to 788).

Deltafox675

This happened to me and my hytera bd502i, I took an older upgrade file (called subscriber upgrade blah blah), plugged it in and it reverted back to its original form.
Seem to not work for my MD782i as the older upgraders won't allow me to downgrade. My next option is to upgrade to latest firmware V9.02.02.004im and see if it could revert back to its original model.

Deltafox675

@speedway_navigator
At this point I can't read/write to radio while "error 104" is showing on the radio display. So can't do much with CPS.
I tried to load that default data on TerminalBatchUpgrade and use the restore option but I think I need .rcd or not .rcdx. Re-naming the file to .rcd won't even work.

Last edited:

dmedia

look for the restore folder in your upgradekit folder.
there you will find your recovery file.
find the old upgradekit and try to restore it.

kirkelli

Hello. I'm new to the forum and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place but I'm kind of frustrated and borderline desperate.

first off, I'm trying to get a PD362 and PD 782 to work but I need software called Flashburn v9 to finish the process, I tried the 3/5 but didn't get anywhere. The problem is that can't find it anywhere, not on google or any other search engines. Weeks spent searching to no avail, is there anyone who knows know where I can download it? Any help will be appreciated greatly because I'm so tired of looking for it and have nothing to show for in the end of the day.

I would also like some advice on a firmware upgrade for BD502, I searched but can't find the software version I need to use on my pc to program it. I have a universal 2-pin cable (usb to serial) and no matter what I do I can't connect it to my computer, I also don't know how to upgrade firmware on it or what I need to download or where. The funniest thing is that my own, personal radio, XPR7550e, is much more complex but it took me an hour to figure out how to program it and upgrade its firmware, the bd502 is simple and cheap and I bought 9 of them but can't program them or even connect them to my computer.

Please get back to me if you have any advice, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
There is a guy on Ebay selling all versions of Hytera CPS delivered on DVD.. He also has the Flashburn software.. Get on Ebay and search Hytera CPS softwares. You will find a couple sellers, just send them an IM Text and ask for the Flashburn Software... He also send me a file for my PD782 to open the Wideband as part of a CPS purchase.. $25 bucks

hurricaneoleg

Not sure how to delete this thread... But thank you for replying to me. First off, I wouldn't want to spend anything on any software, especially if it's sold on Ebay, mostly because it's probanly illegal. Second, I sold (and threw away) all hytera products because I couldn't get any help from anyone. I now use Motorola XPR products which are way easier to upgrade, program and find support for, Motorola themselves are always happy to help, even with non-working or expired entitlements. They recently gave me a free entitlement for upgrading my 7550e because it didn't have a firmware one and refused to update, also walked me through many other things, free of charge. Motorola is the only company whose products I'll be using from now on and probably for the rest of my life and xpr3500e/7550e are the only radios I will use. But thank you for your advice! I do appreciate a reply.