170.6625 167 nac

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Also the BLOGS from those Magazines.

You can also search the RR Wiki, which has plenty of the Common National Federal channels.

Yes I know how to search. This frequency is not in the pub safety search band of my scanner although it claims to be. Went through a good deal of work to set my scanner up to search different bands.

I find stuff all the time, but most of it is already in the RR database and the others I dont know who they are. Some I hear once or twice and never hear again, although it sounded like they were way off in the distance in the first place. As a matter of fact I havent heard anyone on this frequency since I posted this.

I am curious as to what kind of magazine you are reading, because I have looked and not found a scanner magazine. I havent looked for an actual book.

Well anyways keep up the good job frequency identifying.

ecps92

Much of the FED Ops, begins with intel and computer research before you get the Radio RF Surv. Yup they come-n-go, but when they Come, Listen it's fun.

I feel you. I have a crapload of Fed frequencies in my scanner and most are dormant. Every now and then one will pop active then will go silent for more times to come. The most disappointing is DEA! I don't even think they have a presence in Nashville. A couple P25 freqs (not DEA) are active but usually encrypted. Keep up the good work. At least you have something on your end.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
DEA has a presence in Nashville. They just don't have a need to use radio comms very often.

jfhtm350

I have found another one that is not in fcc database and is possibly federal. I cant make it out because it is breaking up too bad to understand it. Maybe someone will know what this one is.

409.8875 200NAC

As per this page: Federal NAC Codes - The RadioReference Wiki it is possibly Federal Parks,Immigration and Customs Enforcement, DOE

CORN

Premium Subscriber
DEA has a presence in Nashville. They just don't have a need to use radio comms very often.

Oh yeah? Where? I guess they use phones then for their comms. They sure dont everywhere else. Theyre even heard in the backwoods of Georgia than in the Boring City. Such is life I guess.

ecps92

You will 98% [few exceptions] of the time NEVER find FEDERAL Agencies using the FCC Search, they are not handled by the FCC

138-144/148-150.8/162-174/380-400/406-420 won't be found there

Are you sure its $200 for a NAC and not $204??

Have you searched the RR DB and RR Wiki?
Federal NAC Codes - The RadioReference Wiki
Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I have a note that this was the Dept of Energy at the
Oak Ridge National Lab - part of their 400 Mhz Trunk
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

I have found another one that is not in fcc database and is possibly federal. I cant make it out because it is breaking up too bad to understand it. Maybe someone will know what this one is.

409.8875 200NAC

As per this page: Federal NAC Codes - The RadioReference Wiki it is possibly Federal Parks,Immigration and Customs Enforcement, DOE

jfhtm350

Are you sure its $200 for a NAC and not $204??

Have you searched the RR DB and RR Wiki?
Federal NAC Codes - The RadioReference Wiki
Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I have a note that this was the Dept of Energy at the
Oak Ridge National Lab - part of their 400 Mhz Trunk
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Im am positive its showing 200 NAC. It is not showing talkgroup id's or anything for a trunked system. It is a P25 single frequency channel not trunked like it shows for oak ridge. It has been pretty active although it is still breaking up and I cant understand anything on it. I havent gotten anything on the other frequencies on site 4 from that system so I dont believe it is coming from there.

ecps92

One thing to realise is that the Voice Channels can [my experience] be heard farther than the Control channels. When in Search you might never notice it's trunked as you are listening in Conventional mode, as you don't hear the CC on the other channel.

Im am positive its showing 200 NAC. It is not showing talkgroup id's or anything for a trunked system. It is a P25 single frequency channel not trunked like it shows for oak ridge. It has been pretty active although it is still breaking up and I cant understand anything on it. I havent gotten anything on the other frequencies on site 4 from that system so I dont believe it is coming from there.

jfhtm350

I found the frequency while in search, but now it is programmed in a list i keep unidentified stuff in. It still shows 200 nac. No hint of any talkgroup id's or other trunked information coming on screen. I really dont believe it is trunked but I know what you are saying. It is possible it is coming from oak ridge, that would be on the verge of my signal range, or it could be coming from the bristol tn area too or even a few counties up in virginia. I pick up alot more stuff northeast of new market than i do west of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.