396T USB port Discriminator + Bluetooth Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
BCD396T Discriminator Tap questions

I have a couple questions about the discriminator tap mod on the BCD396T:

Do I need any resistor or capasitor, or do I simply connect the wires to the GND and DISC OUT pads?

How do I deal with the stereo issue on the plug into the sound card? Does the wire from the DISC OUT pad need to be connected to both the tip and middle connectors on the plug, or just the tip? (I'm wondering if a mono plug will work.)

-Tim

pdsmith843

1/8" Jack Modification For B/t Use

Hi loved you mod with the b/t xmitter. I am duplication however I am having trouble getting audio from anywhere but my phone through the original 3/32/2.5mm jack. Is there a trick I don't know? Is the jack on the scanner a stereo or mono? Do I need to just add a adapter or actually change the tip on the xmitter? Thanks for any help anyone.

pdsmith843

Wiring For A210 Jabra Adapter Mod

Well there are three wires obviously for the 3 section jack. I couldn't find a post that went through this so since I had to go rambo and figure it out I thought if would be nice to post since this is such a exceptional and easy mod.

1Green plastic shielded wire=audio output
2Green paint shielded wire=ground
3Red paint shielded wire=audio input

buy a mono 3.5mm audio jack from radio shack $2.99, Shrink wrap $1.00, patients $priceless
the ground on the adapter is the closest to the base and the audio is the tip portion of the jack.

hope this helps someone.
Peyton

bcd396t
bc246t
780xlt

gmitch

If someone is looking for the mini USB female type a connector, it looks like Mouser.com has them. Part number 154-3100 @ $1.44 in single quantities with no minimum order.

kg6bki

I did the Bluetooth Mod Successfully this last week. Works great with my Jawbone Bluetooth Headset. If anyone Is Intrested I have these for sale...The Jabra's A210's are Brand New...Email me at kg6bki(at)aim.com

Thanks
Brian

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.