796D on a 9600 trunk system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Will a BC796d & BC296D work on a 9600 baud P-25 UHF trunk system? I been changing my settings and used Proscan and Scancontrole to try to do this. It wont take all the spacing and offsets. It looks like it's trunking but nothing. I imported the system from RR database with Proscan and still nothing. I did all the firmware up dates on the scanner and card, still nothing. I'm thinking it just wont do it. I have a 996T and a 2396T that work on the system fine. Any idea.
This is the system that I'm trying to use. Jersey City Public Safety Trunking System, Jersey City, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks
JOHN

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If it's a true P25 system, I thought the spacing/offsets would not be needed, since that information is on the control channel?? 73 Mike

garys

Premium Subscriber
The RR database has it as a P25 system, not a 3600 baud system with digital audio. As a test, I downloaded the system from RR into ARC250. Everything looks OK, but I haven't tried to load it into my 796D since it's packed up and for sale.

I did the same thing with ARC-XT and it downloaded the system as a standard Motorola, which required me to make changes to the site settings.

If you've done the firmware update to the 796D it should work fine on a 9600 baud system. I'm not familiar with either of the two programs so I can't help you with that.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Do the off sets look right? The radio takes the 4 digit one but not the 5 digit.
Offset's 8192 and 12288

garys

Premium Subscriber
Do the off sets look right? The radio takes the 4 digit one but not the 5 digit.
Offset's 8192 and 12288

The offset looks good in the software, but as I said, I haven't tried loading it. It's a weird off sets, that's for sure.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 796D cant handle those high 5 digits offsets (even though the software may let you).

One of the very few drawbacks to the 796D

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
So I guess I'm S.O.L. with these radios???? I guess they will be going up on E bay. :) Got to get radios that will trunkk the JC NJ system. That stinks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If it's a true P25 system, I thought the spacing/offsets would not be needed, since that information is on the control channel?? 73 Mike

This is the correct answer. If you look in the software forum, you will see that I asked a similar question regarding the 396T and 996XT using the respective Butel software. For those scanners, the answer it to select APCO P25 as the trunk type. That has to be done after importing the data from RR It might be slightly different for the 796D.

I would re-ask the question in the software forum under the Proscan section and see what the procedure is for that software.

Status
Not open for further replies.