996xt GQK toggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00sierdaddy

First of all, I PROMISE that I searched for the answer on here!!!

It has taken me some time to figure out this thing. I have created systems and groups within those systems. I understand you can toggle a system on/off by just pressing the number of said system.

My question is with the groups quick keys... I have been able to easily toggle off a GQK when the scanner has landed on any group within the system that I am trying to toggle. However, how do I toggle a GQK back on? Anytime I get back into the system in which contains the group I am trying to activate, I press 'Fun + #', but then it just starts to search. Have I confused everyone yet? Thanks for the help!

PS... this is the only information I found on here about this topic, but I run into the problem previously described....
"GQKs can be toggled active and inactive by pressing FUNC and the keyboard number while the scanner is scanning the particular system which contains the groups that you are controlling."

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
While scanning (i.e. scan mode not hold mode) the system that has the group you want to toggle back on, press F+# (#=GQK)

h00sierdaddy

While scanning (i.e. scan mode not hold mode) the system that has the group you want to toggle back on, press F+# (#=GQK)

It seems to me that you have to be really quick to toggle that back on. I scan about 4-6 different systems, and it scans pretty quick. I have to time it just right to do it. I guess the other alternative would be to deactivate all of the other systems while in scan mode, then activate the group, then turn back on the other systems...

Also, how do you manually go to a specific frequency/channel?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is going by too quickly, F+Scroll to the system, then hit the number before the F button times out (about 2 seconds).

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
If it is going by too quickly, F+Scroll to the system, then hit the number before the F button times out (about 2 seconds).

I find it pretty difficult to time things right to enable/disable groups as well, so I usually do a long hold on the system, so it's the only system being scanned, enable or disabled the groups, and then do another long hold to go back to scanning all of the enabled system.

Even then, I find it a little frustrating since the Func key stays held even after pressing a number. If you immediately press Func + another number, then you've turned off the func mode, and enabled or disabled a system quick key.

Happy Scanning,
Ben

Ablice

You can simply hold the Func key down and turn on/off multiple group quick keys.

To manually enter in a frequency, you can navigate to it with the recall function (not sure how to do that on a mobile, but on a handheld you press Func + 7(recall) in search mode, and you can then navigate to the freq you want. Or you can manually enter it in HOLD mode, simply key in the freq (eg. 1 + 5 + 4 + .no + 6 + 0 + 0) then press HOLD again.

Status
Not open for further replies.