ABQ/Bernalillo County update

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMPhillieFan

From the Bernalillo County Fire Department Facebook page:

Today, BCFD is one of many agencies working with R.T.C Inc., a leading Motorola Solutions Channel Partner, on some of the final steps before implementing a completely new Radio Communications System for all of the Emergency Responding Agencies in the County. This is a $30 Million joint project between the City of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, that has been almost five years in the making. Bernalillo County Fire & Rescue, Emergency Management, Emergency Communications, Youth Services Center, Animal Control, Metropolitan Detention Center and Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office are all going to be able to take advantage of this much needed update to our system in order to communicate and coordinate with one another. This revamped system will be used not only in day to day duties. But, utilized in any large scale event involving any agency throughout the state.
Current emergency operations have been conducted with communication systems that are over 25 years old. Technology has advanced in such a way that it now allows radio communications to take advantage of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Cellular systems in order to ensure clear and constant transmissions. This is particularly important considering the complex topography of the Sandia Mountains First-Responders encounter on a daily basis. This new system will also be able to take advantage of its multiple redundancies and cross-band communications (VHF, UHF, 700, and 800). Which brings New Mexico in-line with a handful of States that have implemented similar state-wide functionality and complete interoperability – helping to make all of the county’s responding agencies even more effective.
Roll-Out of this system will start with Emergency Communications, installing their new consoles within a month. With county-wide deployment being estimated to be early to mid-October.

ChrisABQ

CorwinScansNM

Yesterday was the first day that I heard them testing dispatch consoles.

What were the TGID's that you heard the testing on? I only heard one 2-way communication on the new NM DTRS System all day yesterday 7/10/2020 regarding some Vials of something for Covid-19 Patients that were going to or needing to be delivered down in Southern NM to 2 different Counties. That was heard on TG 133. I myself did not hear any testing of any on my end unless I am missing some of the TGID's for ABQ/Bernalillo County area.

ChrisABQ

Was hearing stuff on 139 (BCSO East), pretty much nightly, then all traffic and testing stopped near the July 4th holiday. I have heard nothing since.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Any updates on this system ? Is it part of the NM DTRS System or their own P25 ?

falcon53

Bernalillo County and Albuquerque will be moving to the state-wide system. They are working in partnership with the state to also build out additional sites that will enhance coverage throughout the region.

ChrisABQ

According to the official news release the other day, the new system will be fully operational December 2020 or January 2021.

Testing has increased on new TG's. Just this morning, testing of alert tones on TG 14501.

falcon53

Was hearing stuff on 139 (BCSO East), pretty much nightly, then all traffic and testing stopped near the July 4th holiday. I have heard nothing since.

I'm pretty sure TG 139 is not BCSO. It seems to be used randomly.

cmgatchell

Premium Subscriber
From the Bernalillo County Fire Department Facebook page:

Today, BCFD is one of many agencies working with R.T.C Inc., a leading Motorola Solutions Channel Partner, on some of the final steps before implementing a completely new Radio Communications System for all of the Emergency Responding Agencies in the County. This is a $30 Million joint project between the City of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County, that has been almost five years in the making. Bernalillo County Fire & Rescue, Emergency Management, Emergency Communications, Youth Services Center, Animal Control, Metropolitan Detention Center and Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office are all going to be able to take advantage of this much needed update to our system in order to communicate and coordinate with one another. This revamped system will be used not only in day to day duties. But, utilized in any large scale event involving any agency throughout the state.
Current emergency operations have been conducted with communication systems that are over 25 years old. Technology has advanced in such a way that it now allows radio communications to take advantage of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Cellular systems in order to ensure clear and constant transmissions. This is particularly important considering the complex topography of the Sandia Mountains First-Responders encounter on a daily basis. This new system will also be able to take advantage of its multiple redundancies and cross-band communications (VHF, UHF, 700, and 800). Which brings New Mexico in-line with a handful of States that have implemented similar state-wide functionality and complete interoperability – helping to make all of the county’s responding agencies even more effective.
Roll-Out of this system will start with Emergency Communications, installing their new consoles within a month. With county-wide deployment being estimated to be early to mid-October.

Will they encrypt the dispatch channels like what has happened in many states

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Encrypting dispatch channels is a complete overreach in my opinion. Can accomplish the same thing with a few secure channels for Tactical and investigations use. This all or nothing approach being implemented on these new digital systems is going way overboard keeping the tax paying public from monitoring what the departments are doing on a daily basis.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Update: Heard from a credible source Bernalillo County and Abq not scheduled to be online on the 700Mhz system until Sept 2021. They may be doing testing prior to that time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.