AMR New Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

millrad

Premium Subscriber
With the City of New Haven, Hamden and others pulling out of C-MED because of the cost, that situation ought to get interesting. But I digress. AMR New Haven has been using47.50 for years and the coverage is very food, despite it being simplex. The high end of low band is a great place to be - Connecticut DOT and the power companies use it also.

APX7500X2

With the City of New Haven, Hamden and others pulling out of C-MED because of the cost, that situation ought to get interesting. But I digress. AMR New Haven has been using47.50 for years and the coverage is very food, despite it being simplex. The high end of low band is a great place to be - Connecticut DOT and the power companies use it also.

AMR New Haven is Moving to VHF in the next few months. Its in progress but not finalized yet.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
there 47.50 system plays real well. we are on 47 Mhz at work and it plays real well. its sucks that all these towns are leaving cmed it has it place

APX7500X2

New Haven C-Med has been dyeing for years and they could not see it from within. Believe me its a good thing in the long run and a change that needs to happen.

AMR might move to 155.205 for the ambulances and chair cars might move to 155.235 but my inside person has not gotten the final word as of yet

fdscan

I guess I could see more use in a CMED portable for AMR medics. Seems like it would be easier since a lot of their calling is done on CMED, on the dispatch channel as well as the patch channels. Enables them to talk to CMED dispatch as well as get patched into hospitals, versus just being able to talk to AMR dispatch.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Its an unfortunate state of affairs for a lot of the people down there, they are worried now. And for me it hits home because of my ties working there in the past. There is a spot in the communications system for what they do as a regional center. However things done in the past lead up to this I believe. The current administration of it is not to blame. More should have been done.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I hope that if and when this move happens, that they include repeaters.

Manny

I would think they would so if the rig has to transport to a hospital outside of new haven or respond to an MCI incident they will be able to use their radios,

ecps92

IF they go out of New Haven range, Simplex would work better than a Repeater that they might not be able to hit.

WPUZ285 is all Simplex for 155.2200 and 155.2350
KCH682 is all Simplex for 47.5000, 155.2050 and 155.3400

No Repeaters

I would think they would so if the rig has to transport to a hospital outside of new haven or respond to an MCI incident they will be able to use their radios,

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
IF they go out of New Haven range, Simplex would work better than a Repeater that they might not be able to hit.

WPUZ285 is all Simplex for 155.2200 and 155.2350
KCH682 is all Simplex for 47.5000, 155.2050 and 155.3400

No Repeaters

Just because it has been like that up until now, it doesn't mean it cant change. License modification is pretty common. Simplex would not work well if an EMT or Medic is on a portable on scene, far from the base. They would have to go back to the rig to talk from the high power unit. That is NOT a scenario for emergency responders to be put in. Simplex may work but I prefer a repeater any day. A good example was the old low band CSP system. In their cars, they had somewhat useful coverage. Their portables were pretty much useless for the most part. I have a few good friends on the CSP. They used to tell me horror stories of being on a stop or an incident where they were forced to go back to their cars because they could not be heard on the portables.

Manny

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Its an unfortunate state of affairs for a lot of the people down there, they are worried now. And for me it hits home because of my ties working there in the past. There is a spot in the communications system for what they do as a regional center. However things done in the past lead up to this I believe. The current administration of it is not to blame. More should have been done.

I would have to disagree, The current administration had plenty of time and opportunities to change things and they failed to. The board of directors had the opportunity to hire a qualified director and failed. The dispatchers are getting the short end of the stick but certainty had opportunities to make changes and not scream union all the time and failed to do so also.

I have had two friends that work/worked there and I have herd the same thing from 1995-2014 about that place. You can't do the same thing from 1995 to now and expect towns to just let it go. Its not the only C-med this will happen to, Its just the first

AMR wont be a repeater for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.