Announcing the BCD396XT and BC346XT Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjf79

thanks for that great news Paul
There are afew up here north of the border that are looking forward to the new bcd396xt
with all the latest features plus esk...just wished it was released abit sooner but better late than never :)

xjf79

GTO_04

Thanks. Hitting the big 31h.

Make that 0x31. It's good to see I'm not the only one who defaults to hex codes LOL!

Happy Birthday Paul!

A dedicated 800 MHz SMA antenna, like the RS #20-283 would be nice too. I like the SMA
mount, there needs to be a better selection of antennas though.

GTO_04

BenJJ

Hallelujah...the Promised Land is in Sight!

We expect to start shipping units out to our distributors the last week of March.

How long it takes to make it through the supply chain and into dealers hands is unknown...but usually just a couple of days.

All distributors will get the product at about the same time (we'll ship to all distributors simultaneously). I have no way of knowing which dealer will be first to have inventory.

You can stop hitting "REFRESH" now.

My last post a couple of days ago, I thought to myself, "I'M GOING TO STOP VISITING THIS THREAD" since all we got for many months are the same questions being asked over and over again, arguments over minutia, and no real "meaty" information.

My plan was to wait until one of the retailers stated they had it in stock, instead or returning to this forum thread and finding nothing on a shipment date, again.

Whew, and now in a moment of weakness I checked into the thread, and voila, there is suddenly a shipment date!

Thanks, UPMan!

Wow, what a difference a DAY makes!!!

Now all I have to do is take the $500 I set aside for food for the kids, and place that order!!
(Gee. I was only kidding!)

wvscanner

Database Admin
I would of think they would started the shipment while gas prices are still down. Last I heard Opec was cutting down on their production so it would increase gas prices. So if that happens either customers are going to be upset that the price of the scanner is more and will have to rethink when that happens or Uniden is going to eat a cost to keep the sell up like that wanted to be.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I would of think they would started the shipment while gas prices are still down. Last I heard Opec was cutting down on their production so it would increase gas prices.

Actually oil prices are still quite low - but I'm not sure that I completely understand your concern... Are you thinking that $2/gal gas instead of $1.75/gal is going to stop the sales of the XT line?

Astrak

Can't wait till this scanner come's out, I've bought nothing but RS GRE scanner's. RS106 is the latest and I love it what great scanner, I'm planning on the XT to be my first Uniden and am hoping it will handle the RWC or Phoenix simulcast system better than anything I have owned before.

CowboyG

Woo Hoo...The day is getting ever so closer folks for the new radios. Whatever the release day, be it known we all will be going out and playing with our new toys. Seems like an eternity since the announcement; but isn't going to be worth it???? And the silver faceplate doesn't look all that bad in the pix.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I posted this on the Yahoo group and didn't get a response so I'll try here.

Will the XT display NAC on a P25 or P16 control channel? I think it should already work on the voice channels just as it would on a conventional P25 signal.

By the way, the PRO-106/PSR-500 does this now.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I posted this on the Yahoo group and didn't get a response so I'll try here.

Will the XT display NAC on a P25 or P16 control channel? I think it should already work on the voice channels just as it would on a conventional P25 signal.

By the way, the PRO-106/PSR-500 does this now.

Guess I'll have to get one in hand to verify... :twisted:

724Gangsta

UASD is being worked on. However, we had to use a new developer so it is going a bit slowly, but we still hope to have it ready for release when the product starts shipping. To ensure that there were a couple of choices for you to select from I provided the protocol to the major developers about 4 months ago, and know that several other programs will also be ready to run (a couple are ready now).

I'm confused- does the scanner ship with software, similar to the 396T software, included?

Also, an early post in the thread indicated that among the included accessories is a SMA-BNC adapter; is that true?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Our plan (hope) is to have the software ready at the same time the scanner ships. The BCD396XT UASD will be free. The BC346XT UASD will not be free (except for demo mode).

Both models include the SMA-BNC adapter.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
New firmware and rebanding on 396XT

Thank You for the quick answer, my 396 and 246 work excellent, looking forward to the 396XT....Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.