TRX-1: Anyone have a LARGE HAMMER!!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBase1

Hi John....good to meet you , The tx has found driver and port setting on device manager..all good here
That worked....now have freqs in scanlist 10. Have you guys heard of the north run in uk ? Its basically a half marathon run , when it first started here in newcastle upon tyne uk , it was a fun run. Now we have proff athletes coming from all over the world to take part in the run.

Ok now what do i do ? Because this is the part that messes up (to put it nicely ) When i try do this again....it deletes empties the folder/scanlist that i now have on tx1 (number 10 ) Do i need to do anything more before starting new config/scanlist /folder... I have freqs for mil air , ready to copy/paste on conv tab
I will wait before doing anymore .

RedBase1

Colin,

Make sure when your get to Pic 2 that the Drive that shows in Window matches your PC/Scanner drive. If not, rescan and use pull down menu to select correct drive letter.

John
Ok now i am going try do same with scanlist 1....copy paste freqs follow your steps thanks john, and see what happens. ( Last time it deleted or the first bunch of freqs i had exported onto tx. , it said scan list empty. Gonna give it a go now and let you know how it goes.
Cheers

Swipesy

Colin, I am not familiar with your marathon. We have a similar run in Cleveland, Ohio. Started like yours and now has been taken over by the professional runners. My running days are long over (I am 5 years older than Prince Charles, lol).

Everytime you write from EZScan to your Scanner it does in fact overwrite previous scanner settings. The only way to not do that is to create V-folders. That is a whole new concept that you need to read up on. In my configuration I have 130 Scanlists and over 3,000 TG's and frequencies loaded. I keep several backups and use the EZScan Export feature extensively. I also use all 20 Scan Sets to run the configuration. Once you get familiar with EZScan there is lots you can do with variations.

John

RedBase1

Ok now i am going try do same with scanlist 1....copy paste freqs follow your steps thanks john, and see what happens. ( Last time it deleted or the first bunch of freqs i had exported onto tx. , it said scan list empty. Gonna give it a go now and let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Drive that shows in Window matches your PC/Scanner drive. If not, rescan and use pull down menu to select correct drive , This makes sense , dont think i have been checked this. Didnt know about it...hmmm ok

RedBase1

Colin, I am not familiar with your marathon. We have a similar run in Cleveland, Ohio. Started like yours and now has been taken over by the professional runners. My running days are long over (I am 5 years older than Prince Charles, lol).

Everytime you write from EZScan to your Scanner it does in fact overwrite previous scanner settings. The only way to not do that is to create V-folders. That is a whole new concept that you need to read up on. In my configuration I have 130 Scanlists and over 3,000 TG's and frequencies loaded. I keep several backups and use the EZScan Export feature extensively. I also use all 20 Scan Sets to run the configuration. Once you get familiar with EZScan there is lots you can do with variations.

John
Ok got all that thanks , i am 59. (with brain of 30yr old) its my mums 80th birthday tomorro (Sorry bit of subject here , just making convo) I live on own.
Back on the topic then...so if make a new vfolder , say name it ships or something . do all the checks copy/paste then send to tx...it should and will send to scanlist 1 ...and not delete number 10 (north run freqs that i now have installed on the tx???

RedBase1

Ok got all that thanks , i am 59. (with brain of 30yr old) its my mums 80th birthday tomorro (Sorry bit of subject here , just making convo) I live on own.
Back on the topic then...so if make a new vfolder , say name it ships or something . do all the checks copy/paste then send to tx...it should and will send to scanlist 1 ...and not delete number 10 (north run freqs that i now have installed on the tx???

If i won or ever got a lot of cash i would move to the states , i like country music and dance.

RedBase1

Can i ask another question just before i start a new config/folder etc. On my screen now i still have freqs showing on scan list tab and conv tab , which on now on the tx1. What do i do with these now? delete / clear the scan list tab or conv tab...or both?
Thanks

Swipesy

Colin,

The short answer to your overwrite question is yes it will overwrite everything and wipe out what you have. So to prevent that you have two options.

1. If you are using 1 configuration then you need to create a different ScanList for new data while preserving your existing data. For example -
Scanlist 1 = Fire
Scanlist 2 = Police
If you want to preserve those in your configuration then create a new Scanlist, say Scanlist 3 = Fire 2

Then when you copy to the scanner Scanlist 1, 2 and 3 will come over.

Small World, my birthday is this coming Friday. Both your Mum and I are Capricorns, lol.

A second option is to create a new V-Folder within your Configuration. For Example, your main Configuration is named "Newcastle". You can then create a V-folder under that called "London". Then make changes to London and copy configuration to scanner.

You cannot scan multiple V-folders at the same time. Only one at a time. So if you are scanning Newcastle you can't scan London and vice versa.

RedBase1

Colin,

The short answer to your overwrite question is yes it will overwrite everything and wipe out what you have. So to prevent that you have two options.

1. If you are using 1 configuration then you need to create a different ScanList for new data while preserving your existing data. For example -
Scanlist 1 = Fire
Scanlist 2 = Police
If you want to preserve those in your configuration then create a new Scanlist, say Scanlist 3 = Fire 2

Then when you copy to the scanner Scanlist 1, 2 and 3 will come over.

Small World, my birthday is this coming Friday. Both your Mum and I are Capricorns, lol.

A second option is to create a new V-Folder within your Configuration. For Example, your main Configuration is named "Newcastle". You can then create a V-folder under that called "London". Then make changes to London and copy configuration to scanner.

You cannot scan multiple V-folders at the same time. Only one at a time. So if you are scanning Newcastle you can't scan London and vice versa.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN . ALL BEST (apologies for caps)

Now then yer see...this the part where everything goes butt up lol , when i make a new config/folder..copy paste the freqs blah blah blah...then i think everything is good to go...click on copy. i can see it working , but while its busy , its saying clearing cdat, then it dels say 2 , then it says copy 2 , then it dels say 3, then it will copy 3, then it .. and this is the pain in butt part ( it has and does this everytime i have freqs in the tx (now the north run freqs in 10) i am bit worried it wil also say del 10 but then says copy But when it powers back on...and i check on objects...scanlist o the tx...it says Empty . Does that make sense ?? This is the big prob i have since starting using the ezscan and tx

RedBase1

Can you explain this abit.. Sorry i,m bit lost. Make anew vfolder , newcastle yer ok , then make new folder london under that. How i do that under ? then when made london , do i just change name from london to newcastle ?

Swipesy

Yes it is working perfectly normal. First pass deletes all files and folders, second pass copies new EZscan Configuration. Nothing you can do about that. If you are doing the updates directly to the scanner from EZScan you will grow old fast waiting for the update. It is painfully slow. The best way is to remove the SD Card from the scanner and use a PC cardreader. To give you an example, my configuration is so large that if I update directly to the scanner it takes 10 minutes each time. If I take the card and put it in my PC the update is about 45 seconds.

Swipesy

One more tip. If you create a configuration that you want to preserve, then in EZScan, click on "File" then "Save Configuration to Archive". A .zip file will be created on your PC wherever you want to save it. You can name the .zip anything you want. So Newcastle - 2020-01-13-01.zip; Newcastle - 2020-01-13-02.zip, etc. Then you can always restore the Archive back to EZScan. Remember though, restoring to EZScan overwrites whatever is on screen so save first before restore.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Colin, when you select copy config to scanner or card, if you will un-check the delete files X then it will not erase what you have already saved.

RedBase1

I will try write what it shows now on the Vfolder list on pc screen and let me know if this looks and sounds ok.

#0 Folder CDAT Description North Run
#1 CDAT VS001 N/A
#2 CDAT VS002 N/A
#3 CDAT VS003 EMPTY

i want to now use cdat 1 to put freqs in and send to tx ( same method that worked with scan list 10 ( thats the north run freqs in and stored on tx now :))
What do i do and which one best to use? This is the part where i lose and empties number 10 (north run freqs that is in the tx at moment )

RedBase1

One more tip. If you create a configuration that you want to preserve, then in EZScan, click on "File" then "Save Configuration to Archive". A .zip file will be created on your PC wherever you want to save it. You can name the .zip anything you want. So Newcastle - 2020-01-13-01.zip; Newcastle - 2020-01-13-02.zip, etc. Then you can always restore the Archive back to EZScan. Remember though, restoring to EZScan overwrites whatever is on screen so save first before restore.
Ahhh ok got that thanks.

RedBase1

Colin, when you select copy config to scanner or card, if you will un-check the delete files X then it will not erase what you have already saved.
Hi Gary , yer i seen the boxes with X in ...but i have been just clicking the boxes , uncheck black the del boxes i did not need ,and just checked the 1 box where i was sending the freqs to , say number 1 if i was using 1 .

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am at my pc now with tx1 on and connected.

????????????? What does my Step 7 tell Redbase to do?

Instead of getting defensive when someone is trying to help why don't you look at what he said AFTER YOU SENT STEP 7 and maybe you'll understand why I was reminding him of it. Apparently he's in good hands with you @Swipesy so I'm done offering anything to this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.