TRX-1: Anyone have a LARGE HAMMER!!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Think of the conventional list as the channels in an old scanner and the scanlists as the banks. If you enter frequencies into the channels but do not enable the bank that holds them then you will not scan them.

The trunked radio systems are a bit different as the frequencies are unique for that system but it is the talk groups and userIDs that are being scanned and needs to be in a scanlist. You can enter several scanlists for one TG but I really can't see any point with that as TGs usually are unique to one system.

/Ubbe

KG4EMJ

OK I think I may be onto something. I cleared everything out of the scan list and also cleared everything out of the conventional channels tab (I don't have any trunking systems in my area so I don't fool with that). Then I created six new scan lists in the General tab, enabled them, and then used the Library Import tab to bring frequencies into each of those six scan lists by particular groups. It seems to have worked well.

I understand now that the Conventional Frequencies tab is just a list of ALL my "objects", i.e. frequencies, and that the last column in that list shows which scan list that particular frequency is in.

I'm still trying to grasp exactly what a V Scanner folder is, but I think I'm headed the right direction with this. Thanks again for the patience and help.

My radio is in route back to me. Whistler has been repairing it. They said they inserted a new SD card in it for me. So when I get the radio back, all I'll need to do now is "prepare SD card for use" in the EZ Scan software, and then "copy current configuration to SD card/scanner", is that correct?

Is there anything special I need to do so that every time I turn on the scanner, it'll automatically start scanning my scan lists?

Ubbe

V-scanner are virtual scanners, the whole scanners setup of everything are backed up and can be restored.

Maybe helpful if you save a working configuration and sometime later you mess something up and have problems to get it working again. Then you can restore a v-scanner setting you have previously saved and start over again. That's the only thing I use it for and I maybe save a config once a month to have something to go back to when some memory error problems pop up, "couldn't write to memory position xxxx" that's almost impossible to recover from without restoring from a working v-scanner setup.

/Ubbe

Bob1955

Hi Guys ,

Pheww ok i need desperate urgent help please or it will be going in the recycle bin in teeny weeny pieces ...i am a new owner of the trx1 , now for nearly 5 weeks and not got a damn thing on it. and so peeeeeeed off right now.
I have ezscan installed on laptop, all updates all completed and ok. Sd card in working order.

I have watched videos on youtube by stewart from airshow world (i think he is briliant the way he explains things ) have followed step by step I can find the freqs , then copy/paste to ezscan on the conv tab...click import...then click Scanner/SDcard....Copy config to sd card/scanner ( I do this after setting up new config and Vfolder.) ....so click Copy config to sd card/scanner. Tx1 powers down itself..... Then after few seconds, message shows/says "Copy Complete" ...then tx1 powers back on. I then look on scanner , scanlists nothing (Just the name i give the scanlist med1) ...i look in Objects...Nothing in there.

The scanlist number 1 med1 where the freqs should of be on scanner says empty ( Scanlist 1 is ticked and enabled) on scanner

Can anyone please experienced or new to this tx1 help with step by step instructions how to actually get the freqs into the scanner so can listen.

Oh 1 more question while am writing and thinking here...once i am finished with the freqs on the Conv tab and the Scanlist tab on ezscan...what do i do to clear and new blank page to copy/paste a new set freqs on the tab ( say maybe copy mil air and send to scanner)

Ok guys thanks for reading , and welcome any help to this highly stressed peed off new owner. Wish i had just got a new ubc125 , much easier hand programming.
Thanks
RB1 UK
Hi, just call you CREDIT card company and cancel the charge. I'm sure if you didn't pay cash, you will get a resolution. Not sure how that would work out for you in the UK but the Uniden Bearcat UBC-125 AT is a awesome analog handheld scanner. I owned the BC125 AT last year.
Hope this gets resolved dude.

MichaelBhere

Hi, just call you CREDIT card company and cancel the charge. I'm sure if you didn't pay cash, you will get a resolution. Not sure how that would work out for you in the UK but the Uniden Bearcat UBC-125 AT is a awesome analog handheld scanner. I owned the BC125 AT last year.
Hope this gets resolved dude.

Why cancel and return it?

Most scanner issues are 99% programming related and there are plenty of members here to help with that.
It just takes a bit of patience and trying to not bite off more than you can chew until you get the hang of things.

Always keep a copy of a working configuration just in case you make too many changes and screw something up, you will at least be able to reload what you previously had that was working until you can figure out what you did wrong.

If you are in the UK, Moonraker has a configuration you can use to get you started. From that you can edit to your hearts content if there are things you do not want.

Once you see the format of the information in EZ scan, it is relatively easy to add more.

KG4EMJ

How do I make the radio automatically start scanning my scan lists each time it's turned on? Is there a setting for that?

KG4EMJ

So, to wrap up:

I apologize for hijacking this thread.

I appreciate the help. The light bulb finally came on in my head and the EZ Scan software all makes sense now. I set up separate scan lists for state police, local public safety, air medical, utilities, fish and wildlife law enforcement, and transportation (DOT). It's scanning everything great, and the radio is performing great on NXDN, P25, and FM/NFM. Sounds great! Sounds as good or better as my dedicated Kenwood NXDN radios.

With that, I'll step back out of this thread and let it return to regularly scheduled programming. :)

slam69

Kudos to everyone who replied with help! Nice to see such a kind and helpful community.

Status
Not open for further replies.