• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8000, Who Has One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I knew I had one of those Bluetooth RSMs here in my shop!
Just had to find it and charge it up.
Here it is paired to my APX 6000:

MYIYLMz.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

ts548

I knew I had one of those Bluetooth RSMs here in my shop!

Just had to find it and charge it up.

Here it is paired to my APX 6000:

MYIYLMz.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

I’m liking my so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2NEC

Anyone recommend the mic? I am on the fence about getting it for my 7550e.
Pros/cons?

ts548

Anyone recommend the mic? I am on the fence about getting it for my 7550e.
Pros/cons?

I don’t believe I will go back to a wired mic unless someone just gives me a XE500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Not good for crowded BT environments

During last year's college bowl playoffs, the BT RSMs were unusable on our 8000s due to BT pollution. A crowded stadium full of people with smartphones rendered them useless. We broke out our XP corded RSMs.

SuperBowl 53 meetings have told us no BT accessories for LMR radios will be permitted inside the venue. Hardwired RSMs/audio accessories only.

K2NEC

During last year's college bowl playoffs, the BT RSMs were unusable on our 8000s due to BT pollution. A crowded stadium full of people with smartphones rendered them useless. We broke out our XP corded RSMs.

SuperBowl 53 meetings have told us no BT accessories for LMR radios will be permitted inside the venue. Hardwired RSMs/audio accessories only.

Noted thanks for the info!

kjl13

QRT

Interesting.

ME801

Interesting, I thought /\/\'s BT LF MPP was incompatible with consumer BT devices. I had to enable LF MPP in my CPS (R16.01.02) to pair with my BT RSM. YMMV.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I thought /\/\'s BT LF MPP was incompatible with consumer BT devices. I had to enable LF MPP in my CPS (R16.01.02) to pair with my BT RSM. YMMV.

But if it uses the same spectrum, even if the protocol is different, it will still suffer interference.

ME801

But if it uses the same spectrum, even if the protocol is different, it will still suffer interference.

Hadn't thought of that.

Matt9638

Premium Subscriber
Good evening

Question for everyone, can an APX8000 housing be switched out for an 8000xe housing? Thanks and happy thanksgiving

K2NEC

Good evening

Question for everyone, can an APX8000 housing be switched out for an 8000xe housing? Thanks and happy thanksgiving

No it cannot. The 8k housing can be switched with a 6k housing but not with an XE housing. Different components.

akardam

No it cannot. The 8k housing can be switched with a 6k housing but not with an XE housing. Different components.

Well, no and yes. In order to make an 8000 non-XE look like an XE, at least from the outside, not only does one need to swap out the main "wraparound" plastic shell of the housing, but also the control top and the knobs. The control top bezel/knob assy is an integrated unit that includes the top display and channel/volume knob electrical components (switcher/pots) with an outer plastic overlay.

If one is keen to try this, one can examine the BSM for the exploded views and parts lists, and try and aquire all the necessary bits.

Of course, adding the XE flashcode option to a non-XE radio is a whole 'nother task...

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

Hadn't thought of that.
The limitation is due to the shared spectrum. In close quarters to literally thousands of devices, wireless access points, and everything else imaginable, BT becomes venerable to interference.

Anyone who's worked an NFL event knows they regulate EVERYTHING. Their frequency coordinators require a complete inventory of anything that radiates RF. They said "no Bluetooth accessories on two way radios". Their event, their rules regardless of the interference making them unusable during our prior event in the same venue.

scrotumola

Awww hell.... add me to the list of those with an 8000.... and the BT RSM.

Building this codeplug, however.... wow. I wish migration from earlier lines was easier.

~S~

ccsochp11

Premium Subscriber
Here's my baby

Attachments

• 2017-08-03 12.49.01.jpg
    2017-08-03 12.49.01.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 2017-08-03 14.22.18-1.jpg
    2017-08-03 14.22.18-1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 117
Status