Avon Fire System On The Air

medic5399

Premium Subscriber
Is everyone using the one fire talkgroup in the DB ( 4501 ), or are they using their own talkgroup? If they are using their own talkgroup, what is it? I haven't seen anybody submit a single talkgroup since 4501 was submitted.

Mike
It will be similar to the VHF/UHF North Ridgeville will be on their own and the other 4 cities will share a TG

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
So guess my question is why not just join the existing MARCS-IP instead of building out another system?
That would have been the best choice.
My guess is control. If they build their own, they can feel in control of it and the costs, but the reality is it won't be significantly different than subscribing to MARCS-IP

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I picked up two TGs yesterday. I'm not sure who they are. I tried to record them, but their transmissions didn't give me much info. One was dispatched by Westcom, TG4270, and the other one dropped someone off at Detroit and Crocker, TG4355.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I picked up two TGs yesterday. I'm not sure who they are. I tried to record them, but their transmissions didn't give me much info. One was dispatched by Westcom, TG4270, and the other one dropped someone off at Detroit and Crocker, TG4355.

TG 4355 was submitted to the DB as Sheffield Police Dispatch and TG 4270 as North Ridgeville Fire Dispatch

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I should have looked there first before I sent that message.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I heard Avon FD on the 5 City, but about an hour later they were dispatched on VHF. Is dispatch eventually moving to the trunked system?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I had a hit on 4356 but it was encrypted. Since 4355 is Sheffield Police Dispatch, I wonder if that is another Sheffield PD TG?

If you can, you might want to try and pay attention to radio IDs seen on 4355. If you capture a bunch of radio IDs seen on 4355 and those same radio IDs are also seen on 4356, then your hunch is probably right.

medic5399

Premium Subscriber
I heard Avon FD on the 5 City, but about an hour later they were dispatched on VHF. Is dispatch eventually moving to the trunked system?
Only the NRFD is the only FD on the system. The other 4 cities are waiting on LC 911

medic5399

Premium Subscriber
I'm having some issues picking up the system on my Pro-106. I'm in North Ridgeville and haven't had one hit yet even when I know they are on a call. Here are my settings and I do have TG 4270 programmed.

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    78.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    139.1 KB · Views: 12

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm having some issues picking up the system on my Pro-106. I'm in North Ridgeville and haven't had one hit yet even when I know they are on a call. Here are my settings and I do have TG 4270 programmed.

It is likely a simulcast distortion issue. That is a simulcast site (at least three different tower sites with the same freqs transmitting at the same time). TRX scanners do not handle that type of system well at all as a general rule.

RT48

I am in North Olmsted and was able to listen to them yesterday as they were fighting the Barton Road fire. I have a Uniden SDS-100 which can handle simulcast.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber

It is a Project 25 Phase II system the Pro-106 only does Phase I

But with that being said my BCD436HP and SDS 100 pick it up just fine. The TRX2 is silent. I have not been able to get it to pick up any Phase II systems.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I have been listing in Parma on my TRX-1, TRX-2 and my WS1098. It's not always crystal clear but comes in very well most of the time.

RT48

If you can, you might want to try and pay attention to radio IDs seen on 4355. If you capture a bunch of radio IDs seen on 4355 and those same radio IDs are also seen on 4356, then your hunch is probably right.
That worked. A radio ID that I had logged in 4356 just appeared on 4355.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That worked. A radio ID that I had logged in 4356 just appeared on 4355.

You are probably right and it is probably some Sheffield Police Tac talkgroup. But I dont think noting just one radio is enough for anyone to say it must be Sheffield PD. Could be some combined Tac from multiple agencies. You might have to wait longer to determine it.

I see that you hvae made the submission. i' mgoing to sit on the submission for a few days, and hopefully you'll be able to narrow it down more by noting more [different] radio IDs using the same two talkgroups.

Mike

wd8chl

You are probably right and it is probably some Sheffield Police Tac talkgroup. But I dont think noting just one radio is enough for anyone to say it must be Sheffield PD. Could be some combined Tac from multiple agencies. You might have to wait longer to determine it.

I see that you hvae made the submission. i' mgoing to sit on the submission for a few days, and hopefully you'll be able to narrow it down more by noting more [different] radio IDs using the same two talkgroups.

Mike

At this point, there are no other agencies on that system that would be encrypted. And the likelihood of another PD going to it is slim to none.

This whole thing is goofy. NRFD going here, while NRPD is going to Marcs. So much for interoperability! On the UHF systems, all they had to do was change channels. No cost. Now it's going to cost them money, per radio, per month, just to talk to each other.