Barricade feed now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

It doesn't look like any of the frequencies or talkgroups that are listed violate the TOS. It's possible the feed actually streams other things, but feed providers aren't required to babysit the feed 24/7 in case an agency decides to have a SWAT situation on a dispatch frequency or talkgroup.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I find it interesting people are telling on other people more and more lately rather then just sitting back and listening to the cool shat that people scan and feed.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I find it interesting people are telling on other people more and more lately rather then just sitting back and listening to the cool shat that people scan and feed.

We do rely on other listeners to alert us to possible terms of service violations. We sure cant monitor 3,000+ feeds ourselves. If its a TOS violation, than it needs to be dealt with, although, we do prefer that someone lets us know privately of these things.

To OP: There is some agencies that coordinate SWAT activity on Dispatch channels. As long as the activity is on Dispatch and not a separate channel than its allowed.

Last edited:

com501

On this topic,

I have always had a problem with people limiting what you can listen to. Despite what the TOS is, I feel that if it isn't scrambled, it should be available. But, that's someone elses windmill.

canav844

So did you listen to it? Did you look at the channel tags? Or have you just not read the TOS and the stickies in this forum?

I did and all that was on the scanner was the dispatch channel side of things. And if you take a look in the database all the swat stuff wasn't on the internet or the radio because all of that is encrypted
Just scroll down to Vigo County and take a look, the channels that SWAT would be on are all listed as encrypted.
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Our terms of service for law enforcement feeds is now as follows. This is it.

Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
What does that mean? It means, that feeds are not allowed to have tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, supervisors, or any other channels or talkgroups on their feeds.

Routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups ONLY.

If a routine dispatch or special events channel or talkgroup happens to have communications such as tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, and supervisors then that is OK and is not subject to our terms of service.

Which would mean "call SRT" and "SRT is enroute" and "I'm talking to SRT" would by what is said above is perfectly ok.

Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
* Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting operations, space shuttle communications, park ranger operations)
* Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
* Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
* DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
* Open Microphones
So even if the SRT team was actually on the same channel, which it wasn't go listen to the archives, the channels were still only the dispatch channels for the area; which is still full well within the TOS.

Feed Provider Terms of Service - The RadioReference Wiki
Feed providers agree to follow these terms of service when broadcasting to RadioReference.com
Law Enforcement Feeds

Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.

You know they do send patrol guys there first and in support of the SWAT teams, heck they usually even get that part right in Hollywood. But I suppose between the "radio police" and the "forum police" it was only a matter of time before we had "Feed Police"

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I made this suggestion before, we might not be home with something happens. It would be nice to have an app for android/iOS that we could change the breaking news option and take the feed down if we are away from home.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Last edited:

policeofficer123

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think we did something against the TOS

St. Charles Countywide EMS, Fire, and Law Live Scanner Audio Feed
St. Charles County (Wentzville) | SWAT/ERT | Shots fired from hotel, subject barricaded. Subject found to be deceased. 11:30 (11:30 CST)
Yes I am complaining because I know of a person who's feed was shut down by RR because of what they were streaming.
Our terms of service for law enforcement feeds is now as follows. This is it.

Quote:

What does that mean? It means, that feeds are not allowed to have tactical, tac, car-to-car, NCIC, records, detectives, swat, SRT, supervisors, or any other channels or talkgroups on their feeds.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.49000 WPDF274 RM 293 NAC StCC Sheriff Sheriff: Dispatch (Narrowband) P25 Law Dispatch
155.49000 WPDF274 RM 293 NAC StCC Sheriff Sheriff: Dispatch (Narrowband) P25 Law Dispatch
155.49000 WPDJ634 RM 293 NAC StCC Sheriff Sheriff: Dispatch (Narrowband) P25 Law Dispatch
155.83500 KNFR268 M 141.3 PL StCC SD c2c3 Sheriff: Car-to-Car [F-3] FMN Law Tac
156.00000 WPDF274 M 141.3 PL StCC Shrf 4A Sheriff: Analog FM Law Tac
156.00000 WPDF274 M 293 NAC StCC Shrf 4D Sheriff: SWAT/Traffic Enforcement P25 Law Tac
156.33000 M StCC SD Tac1 Sheriff: Tactical FMN Law Tac
153.90500 WPDF274 M StCC SD Tac2 Sheriff: Tactical FM Law Tac
154.77000 M 293 NAC StCC SD15477 Operations (O'fallon) P25 Law Tac
460.30000 WPDF274 F StCC SD RF Sheriff: Remote Links? FM Law Tac
155.31000 WQCC612 RM StP Police St. Peters Police (EMA/911?) FM Law Dispatch
155.37000 WPDF274 B MO S/W P2P Statewide Point-to-Point (141.3 on TX only) FM Law Talk
460.28750 WPQA797 RM 423 DPL StCC Correct Correctional Facility FM Corrections

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yes I am complaining because I know of a person who's feed was shut down by RR because of what they were streaming.

You should have posted under your first account instead of creating a new account for this. You were told why your feed was shut down.

This issue has been addressed so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.