BCD-396xt software update

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbertbutler

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD-396xt, and i'am trying to get an update for it, I seen one advertised by uniden for it but when attempting to try and install it into the radio nothing happens, acts as though no downloads come through or i'am just doing something wrong, kinda new to the new digital scanner stuff, and computer interface hook up, like said I have the hook up cable from uniden but nothing seems to be cooperating with install, HELP for an old scanner guy out there?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD-396xt, and i'am trying to get an update for it, I seen one advertised by uniden for it but when attempting to try and install it into the radio nothing happens, acts as though no downloads come through or i'am just doing something wrong, kinda new to the new digital scanner stuff, and computer interface hook up, like said I have the hook up cable from uniden but nothing seems to be cooperating with install, HELP for an old scanner guy out there?

Check here for the firmware instructions... you need to follow them word for word, exactly as it is spelled out.

BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Of course, it assumes that you have the proper cable, and the proper drivers installed, and are able to communicate with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.