BCD396XT P25 decode reset ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
Scanner-Uniden BCD396XT
Monitoring Ohio MARCS Greene County Simulcast from the southwest part of my county.

Ok, so Im new to listening to MARCS IP and I don’t know the lingo yet so bear with me. My question is.. IF I mess with the P25 audio decode level adjustments and screw things up, is there a way to reset my scanner P25 settings back to factory defaults?

This is a simulcast system and the audio quality is lacking for me. The audio sounds kind of like robots and cuts in & out. I know I’m sometimes missing one side of the conversation, and what is motor-boating because I think I got that too. I currently have my scanner set to the auto setting and after monitoring for several min. the display shows a threshold setting of 7.

I’ve read several threads and WIKI’s but have not found my reset answer, that is unless I have to reset everything and lose all my data. I use Freescan so I can reload everything but don’t want to change the settings in Freescan for every data file save. I also tried setting the Attenuate to on for that system and I got no radio traffic coming thru so I switched it back to off.

So any suggestions how to improve the audio quality for my monitoring this system are welcome along with my original question about the reset to default.

Thank you.
Don

dbsar

Premium Subscriber
DaveIN, thanks for the reply. You know, I got confused when I read the Wiki "P25 audio decode level adjustment". You can go manual and make more adjustments with the 396X but the XT is an auto setting. I also read the Simulcast Wiki you suggested and did learn from it. I understand this is an issue with monitoring digital simulcast and their is only so much you can do.

So, I will play around with the settings noted in easier to read mentioned above but I kind of gather it won't change much.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.