BCD396XT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4181

Feed Provider
I have BCD396XT. I'm listening to a Motorola Type II Smartzone System(Palmetto 800 on the Aiken Site in South Carolina). Whenever the voice frequency is 863.18750 or 863.73750 the scanner can't receive the voice. I have a new BCD436HP and it receives those frequencies perfectly fine. Anyone know why this is happening?

JamesO

Configuration error or signal level problem?

What happens if you look at the error rate on the display?

What is the squelch level set to? I usually set mine to 2.

JamesO

Do not know enough about the Type II Smartzone systems, but you mention frequencies when you should be worried about Talk Groups.

I am seeing more and more misconfigured scanners that are basically scanning trunked systems conventionally rather than really trunking.

Lock out all but the Control Channel and see if your can get the Control Channel to acquire and see if you see DAT and LNK toggle on the display.

I am sure if I am missing something, someone will correct me.

DickH

I have BCD396XT. I'm listening to a Motorola Type II Smartzone System(Palmetto 800 on the Aiken Site in South Carolina). Whenever the voice frequency is 863.18750 or 863.73750 the scanner can't receive the voice. I have a new BCD436HP and it receives those frequencies perfectly fine. Anyone know why this is happening?

Yes. The system has been re-banded, but your scanner has not been.
863.1875 is actually 852.2 and 863.7375 is actually 852.75. I'll bet the site you are listening to has those two freqs.

c4181

Feed Provider
Yes. The system has been re-banded, but your scanner has not been.
863.1875 is actually 852.2 and 863.7375 is actually 852.75. I'll bet the site you are listening to has those two freqs.
I have no clue. All the other frequencies come through. I have the control programmed in and can receive the transmission on all the other frequencies that way. If it goes over either of those two frequencies, the audio doesn't come through. You can see the scanner flipping back and forth between that frequency, and the control, but no audio.

c4181

Feed Provider
Do not know enough about the Type II Smartzone systems, but you mention frequencies when you should be worried about Talk Groups.

I am seeing more and more misconfigured scanners that are basically scanning trunked systems conventionally rather than really trunking.

Lock out all but the Control Channel and see if your can get the Control Channel to acquire and see if you see DAT and LNK toggle on the display.

I am sure if I am missing something, someone will correct me.
I know the Talk Group is correctly programmed and it's analog so it wouldn't show DAT and LNK. It has the control acquired. I can receive voice on all the other voice frequencies, except the 2 I've mentioned.

JamesO

I know the Talk Group is correctly programmed and it's analog so it wouldn't show DAT and LNK. It has the control acquired. I can receive voice on all the other voice frequencies, except the 2 I've mentioned.

Your scanner may need a firmware update due to the rebanding.

Not too hard if you have a computer, the programming cable and you download the Uniden VUP 3 firmware upgrade tool from Uniden Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.