Status
Not open for further replies.

doldford345

Premium Subscriber
1.what programs should i DL to program my scanner? free and paid for (best ones?)
2.and how come i cant find the lcal police the RNC on radioref? the freq's for the local RNC anr nt there. and 3.when i went to the local HQ of the RNC and i turned on the Close call it did not decode the RNC.

Rastaman147

Premium Subscriber
I tried the ARC396 trial software and I didn't like it. The Freescan software is really good. It is more intuitive IMO, and it's free. If you go to the "Databases" tab above, you can find all the frequencies available for your area. You may not be able to get your local PD on your scanner if they are using an encrypted system. Where I live, almost all law enforcement uses an encrypted system called "Open Sky", so I can't listen to any of them on my scanner.

If you are using the Freescan software, it is worthwhile to get the premium subscription to Radioreference so you can just download the systems to Freescan, then load them into your scanner.

streeker

I am currently using scannersoft (datagrabber) to copy/paste Freqs. and tags to my Uniden BCD396T. Do I set my BCD396T in the remote setting before I press the program key on my computer? Thanks for any help.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
You should only need to set the Baud Rate to match whatever the setting is on your computer's comm port. When you hit the program key on the software it will put the radio into "computer communication mode" automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.