BCD436HP in Manitoba

calgaryman

Hey everyone, I have a BCD436HP, I am visiting Manitoba but I cant get any reception on MTS Fleetnet. It's a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink and Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface. I'm still relatively inexperienced in scanning, so some help would be awesome. Do I need to buy an upgrade or anything or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks!

BC_Scan

NO UPGRADE
MTS Fleenet no longer. It was replaced by Bell powered 700 MHz that I mapped with my 436 back in 2017
There is Hydro to listen to. Many towns still use analog for their fire departments. Two radios, one for the community, then one on the Provincial system.
If you could you be more specific about what town/city etc, then I could direct you better. I would say your not fully familiar with this great rig hence your not hearing

calgaryman

NO UPGRADE

MTS Fleenet no longer. It was replaced by Bell powered 700 MHz that I mapped with my 436 back in 2017

There is Hydro to listen to. Many towns still use analog for their fire departments. Two radios, one for the community, then one on the Provincial system.

If you could you be more specific about what town/city etc, then I could direct you better. I would say your not fully familiar with this great rig hence your not hearing
I sent you a message BC, thanks for your reply.