BCD996XT Garbled Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestspider

I recently purchased a BCD996XT and installed it as a mobile in my truck. Useing ARC-XT Pro, I programmed the surrounding counties and cities where I live that are on the MN ARMER system.

I have a Maxrad 800mhz nmo antenna on my roof that I used with my BCD996T, and it seemed to work very well.

For some reason, I get little to no voice on this new BCD996XT? I have upgraded to the latest firmware and tried to find something on-line to help me work through this issue. It appears that the scanner is recieving; DAT, voice, etc but cant decode it or something.

Any advice?

Thanks,
KD0KAH

honestspider

I didnt do any testing outside my truck before it was installed. I was just able to program the AMRER system this week on it. I did however have it up north last week and was able to listed to some P25, and FM up there just fine. I live in Monticello and typically drive between here and Minneapolis. My nearest tower at home is in Buffalo (approx. 10 miles)

I have the follwoing sites programmed as well:
Wright Co.
Anoka Co.
Carver Co.
Hennepin Co. East
Hennepin Co. West
Minneapolis City
Ramsey Co.

My P25 wait time is set to 400 (default from RR download to ARC-XT?)
P25 LP Filter is No
P25 Adjust Mode is 3
P25 Adjust Level is 100 (default is 50) I treid 50, 100, 150 with no improvements.

I have tried adjusting my P25 settings also on the scanner:

These are the same sites I had setup for my BCD996T and they worked great?

I BCD996XT appears to be recieving stuff while I am hearing nothing? I am seeing bars on the recieving meter with to voice.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
These are the same sites I had setup for my BCD996T and they worked great?

Do you have everything programmed exactly the same as you had them on your 996T?

If everything worked fine on your 996T, then try "cloning" the 996T to your 996XT. You can use Freescan to do this . Just download all systems and settings from your 996T into Freescan (and save to a profile, so it is always available later), then upload that entire profile into your 996XT. When uploading to the 996XT, choose "Erase all systems and settings" so the scanner starts fresh before uploading the profile, and choose "Send custom settings" so it will use [most of] the settings from your 996T.

Hope that helps. Good Luck :)

Last edited:

honestspider

Sites Maybe

What sites should I have if im trying to monitor Anoka; Henn; and Wright?

I will also try and attach my program file from ARC-XT Pro

Thanks for the suggestions,

Justin
KD0KAH

Attachments

• Justin.zip
    4 KB · Views: 89

honestspider

Do you have everything programmed exactly the same as you had them on your 996T?

If everything worked fine on your 996T, then try "cloning" the 996T to your 996XT. You can use Freescan to do this . Just download all systems and settings from your 996T into Freescan (and save to a profile, so it is always available later), then upload that entire profile into your 996XT. When uploading to the 996XT, choose "Erase all systems and settings" so the scanner starts fresh before uploading the profile, and choose "Send custom settings" so it will use [most of] the settings from your 996T.

Hope that helps. Good Luck :)
I did not clode the two since they are differant models. From reading online the software to program the two scanner was differant, so I cant view my BCD996T file in the newer software either.

Im using ARC996Pro for the BCD996T

ARC-XT PRO for the BCD996XT

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
I did not clode the two since they are differant models. From reading online the software to program the two scanner was differant, so I cant view my BCD996T file in the newer software either.

You cannot do it through the Butel software, but you can through Freescan. Freescan works with all Uniden DMA scanners (including both the 996T and the 996XT).

Status
Not open for further replies.