Broadcastify Feed Dashboard Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm excited to announce the BETA release of the Broadcastify Feed Dashboard.

The purpose of this beta is to test technologies to use for custom user feed dashboards for our premium subscribers. This beta uses the top 6 feeds by listeners on Broadcastify when you load the page.

In the future, you'll be able to create your own custom dashboards of up to 6 feeds each, with VU meters, stereo panning, and stereo L/R volume controls for stereo feeds. The dashboard will also incorporate automatic reconnects, and voice announcements for events like feed drops, alerts, etc. We're also looking at a "scanning" function which would mute other feeds when one is broadcasting.

Some notes:
1) Beta uses the top 6 feeds
2) Dashboard DOES NOT SUPPORT Apple's Safari or any browsers on IOS. Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox should all work fine.

Would love to hear your feedback, comments, questions, and even feature requests etc.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Technical problem. . . I'm getting a warning about Safari not working, and then it takes me back to where I started. If Safari and iOS browsers are not supported, I suspect quite a few folks will have a problem.

EDIT... and I just saw your note about Safari and iOS not working. So much for Dashboard; I feel discriminated against. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 14.08.57.png

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
EDIT... and I just saw your note about Safari and iOS not working. So much for Dashboard; I feel discriminated against. :rolleyes:

Well, Apple's Webkit implementation specifically has bugs in certain HTML5 audio components that require this dashboard to be functional. Until they fix their crap we can't support the VU meter functions. There are also some other small WebKit bugs in Safari that are preventing stereo panning issues.

allend

Premium Subscriber
If you are already a feed provider does this mean that the services is FREE to those members that provide a feed?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Very nice! I have a few questions...

1. Will our own dashboard be shareable, to be viewed by others?

2. Any plans to eventually add those options (VU, volume, pan) to the embedded player?

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Love the concept, similar to "Radiolog". My observation and 2 cents. If I were creating a web page with six scanner players my preference would be to make less distance between the top row in the bottom row to allow the full vision of all the scanners on a single screen or even adding more scanners and another row. (Understanding layouts would be different on other PC or phone displays.) I don't care a whole lot about the VU meter being that large, I would make them narrower in the up-and-down measurement. I would make the scanner title name in a smaller font. And I would number them from left to right instead of top to bottom.... but that's just me.... Looking forward to the other features such as customizing our own dashboards . Thanks for all you do.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for the feedback so far folks!

Some answers to some of the questions. Feed providers are considered premium subscribers across the RadioReference Network when their feeds are online and broadcasting, so yes the dashboard will be able to feed providers. No, you want be able to share dashboards with others. We haven't decided yet which features to make available outside of the dashboard in any other offerings yet. The focus is on the dashboard right now only.

engineco16

Premium Subscriber
Looks nice with the pan options, but won't do me any good right now until I can chose the feeds for it myself. hopefully that option comes soon. Thanks.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Well, Apple's Webkit implementation specifically has bugs in certain HTML5 audio components that require this dashboard to be functional. Until they fix their crap we can't support the VU meter functions. There are also some other small WebKit bugs in Safari that are preventing stereo panning issues.

Yeah, Apple has made some changes with Catalina (and a few others in the lead-up to it) that I do not like. It seems to me that they're continuing to dumb everything down to the "stupid" level, removing any ability to customize we might have had. Makes me want to look at Linux again...

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Apple has made some changes with Catalina (and a few others in the lead-up to it) that I do not like. It seems to me that they're continuing to dumb everything down to the "stupid" level, removing any ability to customize we might have had. Makes me want to look at Linux again...
Apple makes a lot of money making a smart phone for people not smart enough for the real smart phones! :p:p

Hit_Factor

Locking it down reduces support costs and increases security.

Status
Not open for further replies.