Bryan/College Station Medical Helo

partyguy816

Premium Subscriber
Listening to some stuff happening yesterday, fire requested PHI then shortly after someone else came on and said PHI was too far out and dispatch needed to call for St. Joe's Med-Trans instead. I've heard the medical helo talking on some of the fire channels, but I don't believe I've heard them directly talking to anyone else. Since it seems PHI was replaced, their information is still showing in the database, but nothing is mentioned about Med-Trans. Just curious if anyone may be catching them on the PHI freqs or if they have other means of communications?

EAFrizzle

Premium Subscriber
Probably have a talkgroup on TxWARN that hasn't been found yet. That would be the easiest way for Med-Trans to cover that area from Denton dispatch.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
PHI Med 12 operates as St Joe's EMS Med 12. They are still dispatched on their traditional PHI TG but do most of their operations on the St. Joesph EMS TG as well as that of whatever department that has requested them. As for Med-Trans, I have never heard a TxWARN TG for them. Where was this incident exactly?

partyguy816

Premium Subscriber
The incident was a shooting that happened yesterday off Elmo Weedon Rd (side road from that technically). If I remember correctly, all the traffic was moved to the Brazos VFD Tac 3 channel when they said that. For the life of me, I can't remember what time it was, but I want to say it was around 9:40 am.

I wasn't aware of them using the St. Joe EMS TG, but I didn't have it programmed until a few days ago.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I've never heard of them requesting Med-Trans before. IIRC, the usual routine for that sort of thing would be the next closest MEDEVAC unit, which would either be Washington County Air 1 or PHI Med 1 out of Conroe. I suspect that if neither of those were available, they would probably look elsewhere.

Myles

Here's a news story about Saint Joseph Airmed 12 starting service in the B/CS area.

The old PHI Med 12 N388PH is now doing EMS service in Mississippi.