• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BTECH 50X1G mobile GMRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

BTECH 50X1G mobile GMRS radio received fcc certification today.
FCC ID 2AGND50X1G GMRS Mobile Radio by BTECH (BaoFeng Tech)
While I am leery of these low parts count radios, it appears this one has a proper 16K0F3E emission designator, meaning it is GMRS compatible wideband. At
A full 40 watts as well.

This would make this radio a much better choice than any of the narrowband fake radios Midland has been pawning off as "GMRS" radios.

FCC - OET TCB Form 731 Grant of Equipment Authorization

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

nd5y

I just looked through the manual and the model number is actually GMRS-50X1.
The manual says high power is 50 W and low power is 5 W.

From the looks of it they probably took their existing UV-50X2 dual band ham rig and locked to only transmit on GMRS frequencies, similar to what they did with their GMRS and MURS hand helds.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
If I wasn't covered already with a GMRS mobile, I would give that one a go. Thanks for the thread.

I recently purchased a BTECH DMR radio and my interaction with that company on two occasions has been excellent. Basically, they've made things right when they did not have to on two occasions. They could have said "No" and did not do that.

I previously purchased a Midland MTX275 and it had TX audio issues. It wasn't a one off either, several others had issues with it. It was returned.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I have two of the Midland MXT275 and so far they are working well. However, this BTECH looks like it is 50 W instead of 15 W! Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.