Building new radio room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

Just started throwing stuff in here. I have been swamped at work and have had no time. This is a mess and not what I have in mind but I though i would show some progress here...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Actually, you might want halon. :lol: :wink:

Agreed. As a Fire Extinguisher service tech, I can tell you you absolutely do NOT want sprinklers or dry chemical extinguishers in that room.

Personally, I would have 1 or 2 13# Halon 1211 hand-held extinguishers (13# will achieve a class A rating).

Have a look at this page for a plethora of automatic halon systems. Expensive stuff, but could be relative, depending on what you're protecting!

Halon fire suppression system - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

Bottom line, keep WATER and DRY CHEM out, and get yourself a HALON extinguisher for that shack!

sirsmiley

doesnt halon eat oxygen so that the fire cant burn? in an enclosed space, would it not suck the oxygen out of your lungs and kill you? I know in our work server room if you hit the fire alarm you have to make sure everyone is out and then hit a secondary button under a battle switch and it counts down and when the timer goes it sets off the halon and if youre not out...youre dead :)

GKolo

At a minimum i would have Halon extinguishers and smoke detectors that also rang in the main house to alert you to a smoke condition when your not in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.