Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
What was funny is when I got this BCD 996P2 I didn't update it at first and wasn't receiving the dispatch tones. Then later when I did the update, I started hearing them.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Probably better question for Camden County forum. Could be that Camden Cty had one of their channels patched to SJ Net for an out of county response.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I believe they also sometimes patch to SJ Net for helicopter communications.
There has been some testing going on Camden County F-1 and some chatter on other channels related to that. Although it usually does not happen, you may have heard it on Burlington County SJ Net Patch on the P25 system. I have picked up chatter on that channel from Cumberland County to Gloucester units responding on Rt 55 and something else that sounds like a dispatch out in Monmouth County. The SJ Net Patch talkgroup normally is used by units on scene in Burlington County to communicate to a landing chopper and also used by Central to communicate with Quality EMS responding to Bass River.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
There has been some testing going on Camden County F-1 and some chatter on other channels related to that. Although it usually does not happen, you may have heard it on Burlington County SJ Net Patch on the P25 system. I have picked up chatter on that channel from Cumberland County to Gloucester units responding on Rt 55 and something else that sounds like a dispatch out in Monmouth County. The SJ Net Patch talkgroup normally is used by units on scene in Burlington County to communicate to a landing chopper and also used by Central to communicate with Quality EMS responding to Bass River.
Very good points. It just struck me recently that Camden county was using the channel for their F1, as I would call it Burlington County. That channel, I thought, is for inter- agency emergency emergency.
Thanks for that input.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So... What are they using to communicate if I understand correctly, maybe I missed something.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Yea the problem is some departments and personal pagers were set up to alert off of that using Unication G5s. So now they'll need to revert to the VHF for the time being.
Any idea if there going to put the patch back up

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
Surprised no one noticed the patch was down on Wednesday/Thursday this past week. Radio Shop did an update to the console (closing out the program automatically breaks any patches) and when the software was restarted they never put the patch back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.