Burlington County Systems Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Burlington County reporting TRS is down. Reportedly due to interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Hearing traffic on it as of 500 hrs on the west zone.

Monoxide16

I still think Burlington co is the worst to listen to still can't stand to listen to the them every time they call out on the portable it comes in all broken up!!! even when the system is fixed i hear the dispatcher almost saying every time saying repeat your radio is unreadable

phillydjdan

I went back and checked my audio archives, and they announced the system was down around 2:15 am or so. Interestingly enough, they said the WAR channels were unavailable also, so there were literally no methods of radio contact at all. They said use MDTs and cell phones. Wow, what a mess that could have been! How long did this last? I heard other conversations like 10 minutes later...

Monoxide16

wow that system is really bad i don't even really listen to them anymore i only listen to Montgomery Co and the NJSP and Gloucester Co and use to listen to NJ Transit don't know what happen to them sorry to go off topic here does anyone know where they moved to? And wow that's bad that the WAR channels were unavailable lol i was listening to them till about 4:30 this morning lol and it was still down all broken up

wnjl

I was listening when they came across with the message - they cited Digital TV interference as the reason. There was some strong localized tropo enhancement at the time which was the cause.

phillydjdan

NJ Transit went to a TETRA system that cannot be monitored, from what I hear. It's amazing that they had no other form of radio communication at all, and that this even effected the conventional equipment. You'd think they would have come up with a backup or something...

Monoxide16

are u serious u can"t even monitor them now!! wow scanning listening is starting to go down hill fast now don't even see the point of encrypting them like what the heck and thank you for the info and just wow least i can still hear the transit pd till whenever they switch over

wnjl

NJ Transit went to a TETRA system that cannot be monitored, from what I hear. It's amazing that they had no other form of radio communication at all, and that this even effected the conventional equipment. You'd think they would have come up with a backup or something...

It actually never went down. There were some units that were reporting interference, so central ran a systemwide patch with the message that in the event of any trouble communicating to use the WAR channels or MDTs. But honestly, for most of the talkgroups I listen to, it was business as usual. And I've heard them run similar protocol several times each summer when this type of propagation is common.

Status
Not open for further replies.