Business band frequencies on FRS/GMRS/MURS search band?

Pr999

WRYF747
Premium Subscriber
Why are Red Dot, Brown Dot, Yellow Dot, Silver Star, Gold Star, Red Star, and Blue Star channels listed in the FRS/GMRS/MURS search bank on these scanners? What are these 7 business band frequencies doing here? The only scanner I have that doesn't have this is the 125.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I don't have those radios and I definitely don't have search banks with all the colored dot freqs.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
This is how I recollect it. If someone see the need for corrections please don’t hesitate to make them …
All the color dot references preceded the newer designations such as FRS, GMRS. The FCC just got around to collecting all the “no license required” stuff and parked them in a new grouping. The original FM CB was a listing of frequencies in the 400 MHz band with antennas that were permanently attached to the walkie-talkie cases and a restricted max power output, all in an attempt to keep the radiated power low. Now, with the allowance of FM on VHF LOW BAND (27 MHz) there are two FM CB bands.

Pr999

WRYF747
Premium Subscriber
I know my comment makes me seem annoyed, worried, or angered, but I'm none of those things. I just wanted to ask about it cuz it seemed weird to me with how out of place it is from the bank name.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to ask about it cuz it seemed weird to me with how out of place it is from the bank name.

But for thousands of others it is totally normal. Scanners aren't built for individuals, they are built for the many.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Simple reason is due to the Dot/Star frequencies which used to share common channels prior to the creation or modification of certain services. The Dot/Star stuff is no longer identified by those names but there are licensee's out there who have maintained their licenses and continue to utilize those frequencies as they are licensed (which is 100% allowable).

AB5ID

I know my comment makes me seem annoyed, worried, or angered, but I'm none of those things. I just wanted to ask about it cuz it seemed weird to me with how out of place it is from the bank name.
Nothing wrong with asking a question my friend. :) For myself I could see any of these radios behind used at a construction site or shopping mall.