Butler County ICORRS - possible new talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvycat14

First of all, I am using SDR to monitor ICORRS here in Butler. Specifically op25 on a Raspberry Pi. I stream the audio via Darkice and Icecast. Importantly, I can view my Raspberry Pi display via VNC and see the real-time activity in op25, but my audio is ~1 minute delayed because of the encoding and streaming.

On to the talkgroups... I noticed lately that I am getting BART bus radio traffic. "BART 3 to base.... change my next stop to blah blah blah" and that type of thing. I can't figure out which talkgroup they are operating on - as far as I know, op25 should only be picking up traffic off the Butler ICORRS freqs. I've tried to monitor in VNC to see what is happening, but the delay makes it very hard to line things up. That said, I've seen two talkgroup IDs pop up in op25 that are not listed on the RadioReference ICORRS page: one was definitely 1951 (EMS dispatch is 1851, fire dispatch is 1801, and 1751/2 are PD dispatch... so maybe some other dispatch?), and I believe the other was 1760 (in the 1700 range with PD), but I didn't get a good look at it before it disappeared.

Does anyone have additional information on any of this? Much appreciated.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
First of all, I am using SDR to monitor ICORRS here in Butler. Specifically op25 on a Raspberry Pi. I stream the audio via Darkice and Icecast. Importantly, I can view my Raspberry Pi display via VNC and see the real-time activity in op25, but my audio is ~1 minute delayed because of the encoding and streaming.

On to the talkgroups... I noticed lately that I am getting BART bus radio traffic. "BART 3 to base.... change my next stop to blah blah blah" and that type of thing. I can't figure out which talkgroup they are operating on - as far as I know, op25 should only be picking up traffic off the Butler ICORRS freqs. I've tried to monitor in VNC to see what is happening, but the delay makes it very hard to line things up. That said, I've seen two talkgroup IDs pop up in op25 that are not listed on the RadioReference ICORRS page: one was definitely 1951 (EMS dispatch is 1851, fire dispatch is 1801, and 1751/2 are PD dispatch... so maybe some other dispatch?), and I believe the other was 1760 (in the 1700 range with PD), but I didn't get a good look at it before it disappeared.

Does anyone have additional information on any of this? Much appreciated.
TG1760 is listed in the WIKI as a sheriff channel. So it's likely that 1951 may be the BART channel you heard.

n3zra

I copied traffic from this talk group yesterday 11/24, didn't get the whole transmission as I was just in ear shot and got to the radio in time to see the talk group before it cleared off the screen. I believe you might be hearing the local public transit aka BART. Their traffic on the system seems to be rather spiritic as I have monitored since this tread started. I will keep everyone in the loop if I learn more about this talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.