Cambria County changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Does anyone know of any recent changes with Cambria County? I have a client who says his scanner went silent and they may have moved to a new system. He couldn't be more specific.

Thanks!

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
Looked on the FCC Site and they have no new Licenses so all the frequencies shouldn't have changed or any new system from what I can see. Looked at the ICORRS system they aren't listed as being on it the system page hasn't been updated since November of 2016

talviar

Does anyone know of any recent changes with Cambria County? I have a client who says his scanner went silent and they may have moved to a new system. He couldn't be more specific.

Thanks!

Rumor had it that Johnstown City may have been switching to a MotoTrbo system but I don't know of any specifics beyond that.

I do remember hearing that there was some infrastructure issues with one of the tower sites but again don't know specifics.

And-- Cambria DID NOT JOIN ICORRS!

ATTACKFF

Premium Subscriber
fire dispatch still 453.225
ems dispatch 453.550
all uhf ops freq remain in use

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had another client call today saying that Cambria went dark about 2 years ago and they they said they "went to a digital system". They could not identify the system in use.

I wish I had remembered about this, I drove thru there a couple weeks ago!

talviar

I had another client call today saying that Cambria went dark about 2 years ago and they they said they "went to a digital system". They could not identify the system in use.

I'd really like to know more about this---- Indiana and Somerset went Digital. Cambria is still Analog UHF. A lot of the Cambria departments were pissed when Indiana Co and Somerset Co fire quit using their low band radios. They couldn't talk anymore. This may be what they are referring to. The border departments in Cambria seem to be more concerned with talking to the neighboring counties than they do with Cambria county......

As always, just my $2.25, YMMV, and no warranty expressed or implied!

druhe

Premium Subscriber

There have been no changes to any municipal or county radio systems in the past two years. The only changes that have occurred is two security departments migrated to DMR systems last year. The database reflects those changes and is correct to date. It should be noted that Cambria is in the preliminary stages of designing a new system. At this juncture it's unknown what type of system it maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.