Camden County Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I heard 1 broken transmission from talk group 201. I wasn't very impressed.

Were you within the county somewhere? I'm getting full scale on the control channel in Medford but haven't heard any voice comms yet. I'm usually down in southern Gloucester county all day so I won't hear much from here. I'm rolling a recorder on it from my qth in Medofrd to see what I can hear. Maybe start the logger on it tonight.

Does anyone know if this system is being rolled out in full blown phase II TDMA ? I'm using a 996XT to monitor so I know my days may be numbered hearing activity on this system.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Were you within the county somewhere? I'm getting full scale on the control channel in Medford but haven't heard any voice comms yet. I'm usually down in southern Gloucester county all day so I won't hear much from here. I'm rolling a recorder on it from my qth in Medofrd to see what I can hear. Maybe start the logger on it tonight.

Does anyone know if this system is being rolled out in full blown phase II TDMA ? I'm using a 996XT to monitor so I know my days may be numbered hearing activity on this system.

When this system goes live in less than 90 days it will indeed be 100% Phase II only... This is also a Motorola system with APX series subscriber units.

AngerManagement

GTFD #6

This is all foreign to me. Is it true the only unit that will receive anything from this system is this one?
PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I heard fire a investigator unit going to an earlier job on TGID 101 this morning. Sounded ok. One thing i always notice with these systems it always sounds like the units are holding the mics too close to them when they speak.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Be advised the talkgroups that have come up on my radio have been in TDMA format. You will not hear these transmissions unless you have a PSR 800 radio with the latest firmware upgrades. Has anyone else been listening in? How does it sound from your location?

mding4gold

Premium Subscriber
Activity

A large amount of radio traffic right now on the new system discussing the Haddon Hts explosion. Some of the transmissions are muffled & garbled.

Talk group 101
Tech 1 (ID)

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I hear it. I fluctuating signal strength on some of the voice channels even from within the county. What does come in sounds very clear.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
I just entered the Camden county & the Nj state p25 systems into my 800 with the gre programming software. I have not heard any transmissions come across either. I put both a private and public wild card in the talk groups. Since I let the software do the installation, I should not have to modify anything correct.?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
As long as you have trunking tables set to autofill, NOT CUSTOM, and you have recently downloaded the latest CPU firmware and DSP firmware upgrades to your scanner you should be hearing all transmiasions on both systems. According to the recorded audio on my radio there have been several transmissiins on the camden county system in the past few hours. The Nj state PSIC Systel is likely quiet now. It usually carries the most traffic during daytime hours when DOT units are active.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
As long as you have trunking tables set to autofill, NOT CUSTOM, and you have recently downloaded the latest CPU firmware and DSP firmware upgrades to your scanner you should be hearing all transmiasions on both systems. According to the recorded audio on my radio there have been several transmissiins on the camden county system in the past few hours. The Nj state PSIC Systel is likely quiet now. It usually carries the most traffic during daytime hours when DOT units are active.

Thanks policefreak, yes to all you posted. I just let the software do the inputting. I did not change anything. I also have the latest firmware and dsp updates on my 800.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Feed provider for new Camden County P25 system?

Anyone aware if someone is going to provide a RR feed for the new CC P25 system?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they're keeping F1 (154.430) for dispatching due to the large number of pagers, station alerting and siren control units that already exist on the frequency. No reason to change all that. My understanding is that some of the new talkgroups will be simulcast on the old frequencies ... F2, F3, etc.... for some period and then the old frequencies will be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.