Canadian Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby4601

I'm with kayn1n32008. I think that would be a good idea for the setup. Distribute the territories amongst the other regions. Yukon works well with BC. NWT works well with Prairie region considering Saskatchewan used to be the NWT. And Nunavut makes sense to go with Ontario.

colby4601

Just yet another question regarding these changes, what will happen to the 40 some pages in the Western Canada thread and the who knows how many in the Eastern? Will the mods (read you, Wayne?) be moving them into the appropriate new forums, or would they be moved elsewhere?

BC_Scan

Hold on a minute

I am not in favour of BC with the Yukon, when was the last time you saw a post about the Yukon ?
let them stay seperater perhaps inciting people from there to post something , also for some of our friends from anywhere that may not know of the territorial difference between the two may get lost looking for information ?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Just yet another question regarding these changes, what will happen to the 40 some pages in the Western Canada thread and the who knows how many in the Eastern? Will the mods (read you, Wayne?) be moving them into the appropriate new forums, or would they be moved elsewhere?

I'm sure one of us moderators will take care of it.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I am not in favour of BC with the Yukon, when was the last time you saw a post about the Yukon ?
let them stay seperater perhaps inciting people from there to post something , also for some of our friends from anywhere that may not know of the territorial difference between the two may get lost looking for information ?

The reason that I suggested to pair Yukon and BC is because the two are linked government wise, for example the education system in Yukon follows BC MoE, grade 12 students in Yukon write BC provincial exams in order to graduate, chances are that if a patient needs to be medivacted out of Yukon they will go to BC, and to the reason that there are so few posts from Yukon, it is probably due to there only being about 40,000 people in the WHOLE territory.

To prevent confusion title the sub: Province of British Columbia and Yukon Territory

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The East and West forums will be closed to posting but left viewable for archival purposes. I'll move the most recent threads to their respective forums. Anything else can be done by the local mods or people can report the thread to be moved.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Just to follow-up, and sorry for the delay again, but I'll be getting the new CAN forums added this weekend. Due to the disruption it would cause, I have to do it at night hence the delay.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I would like to thank Wayne H (and others who made the decision) to give us some new forums! I would like to thank those who brought voices to this discussion be it positive or negative.
It is much appreciated.
Peace

Eric

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I second EJB's comments :)
+ Side note: For the Atlantic and Maritime description, please make it Newfoundland & Labrador. They are not separate provinces. Thanks!
If one wants to be technical, 'Atlantic and Maritimes' is an overlap in terms. 'Atlantic Provinces' (4 in total) includes 'Maritime Provinces' (3 in total).

I do love the whole setup though. Once I see it in print it I realize how nice it will be to go to a specific forum the next time I am on the East Coast to browse for news.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If one wants to be technical, 'Atlantic and Maritimes' is an overlap in terms. 'Atlantic Provinces' (4 in total) includes 'Maritime Provinces' (3 in total).
Though true we have to appeal to those that are geographically, uh, ignorant. So showing it in text helps with the decision process. Sometimes people don't read forum descriptions.

The Newfoundland and Labrador change was done a few days ago (in case it wasn't noticed).

Status
Not open for further replies.