Case for SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmerjrusa

I have the nylon case that's intended for the SDS100.
It's ok, but with the larger battery fitted the top lip of the case now obscures the two led indicators, whereas they're visible (just) with the smaller battery fitted.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I bought one a few weeks ago at Ham Radio Outlet in Phoenix. They had the other cases available too, and none of those were a decent fit, even with the currently smaller battery that came with the radio. It's not an identically perfect fit, but it does the job to keep the radio safe.
d383698693422e9f6953200a98309df6.jpg
6fa205d79537561c34dcaeb1fbfe8241.jpg
75a10c9b1c507d72ab26d51c34e33736.jpg
bf266cd33c7d9dcc685fced7d72e38e8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Where did you get the belt clip from? That, definitely didn't came with my SDS100.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Looks sturdier than the one I've got, which already broke. Wasn't very secure, my scanner fell like 6 times off my waist. I finally had to buy the hard leather case solution from Scannermaster, ought to be here the next couple of days. Thanks for your reply.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Looks sturdier than the one I've got, which already broke. Wasn't very secure, my scanner fell like 6 times off my waist. I finally had to buy the hard leather case solution from Scannermaster, ought to be here the next couple of days. Thanks for your reply.

You will like the hard-leather case from Scanner Master, very sturdy. It's what a good leather case for a commercial radio would feel like. Your scanner will be well-protected. Word to the wise - first couple few times the case will be a tight fit until the leather starts to mold to it, and you'll be tempted to stick your finger into the hole at the bottom of the case to push on the radio to get it out - don't. You'll snap that little plastic battery lid latch like a chicken bone.

JD
kf4anc

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
You will like the hard-leather case from Scanner Master, very sturdy. It's what a good leather case for a commercial radio would feel like. Your scanner will be well-protected. Word to the wise - first couple few times the case will be a tight fit until the leather starts to mold to it, and you'll be tempted to stick your finger into the hole at the bottom of the case to push on the radio to get it out - don't. You'll snap that little plastic battery lid latch like a chicken bone.

JD
kf4anc
Thanks for the warning!

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Hi Jesse and others, thanks for the posts and photos Jesse.... have you tried the genuine Uniden A2829 case shown in your pictures with the new fatter battery yet, I'm about to order that exact case for my 100 but want to be sure it fits with the new battery.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.