• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcems23

Premium Subscriber
We would like to restore our live scanner feed on our website. We originally had a Motorola DeskTrac that was being used, but has since moved on. Is there anyway way that the CDM1250 can be used to stream to our website?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
We would like to restore our live scanner feed on our website. We originally had a Motorola DeskTrac that was being used, but has since moved on. Is there anyway way that the CDM1250 can be used to stream to our website?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!

It should work pretty well.

phillydjdan

If your Desk Trac had a 16 pin accessory connector (which is where your audio came from) then you should be able to connect the CDM to your computer the same way you did with the Desk Trac. Just keep in mind that the audio will come out both the external speaker (which would in this case be your computer) and the internal speaker at the same time, unless you pop the control head off and disconnect the internal speaker. I've had to do this for my own feed.

dcems23

Premium Subscriber
The cdm1250 is a 20 prong plug, so I believe that it would work the same way if we got a new 20 prong plug

phillydjdan

There is no option in the CPS to disable the speaker, believe me, I did tons of research in order to avoid opening mine up. Disconnecting the speaker isn't that hard to do, you just have to be careful not to damage the ribbon cable that connects the control head board to the main body. And use the head removal tool, not a screwdriver!

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
The cdm1250 is a 20 prong plug, so I believe that it would work the same way if we got a new 20 prong plug

First, if there is a jumper on the 16 pin plug between pins 15 and 16, remove it as it is not needed for the CDM1250.

The same for the mic connector.

Just center the 16 pin plug on the 20 pin socket with 2 pins showing on each end and insert carefully.

Then program the accessory pins the same as they are programmed in the DeskTrac. You will also want to make sure that hook does not suspend scan.

cmdrwill

Only one pin on the radio needs to be programmed.

The RX output is a line level and will feed your RX audio. It is programmed to RX audio muted de emp'sd.
And is not affected by the volume control.
I always use a capacitor to isolate any DC on the line.

East_Algoma

Ext Audio

grab a male to male mini plug....cut one end off....solder it to the speaker terminals inside...Ive seen this donr once...audio was clean....then plug the Male mini to your computers LINE IN ( or what ever you use to send audio to your computer )

Kinda crude...but works well...at almost no cost

If your Desk Trac had a 16 pin accessory connector (which is where your audio came from) then you should be able to connect the CDM to your computer the same way you did with the Desk Trac. Just keep in mind that the audio will come out both the external speaker (which would in this case be your computer) and the internal speaker at the same time, unless you pop the control head off and disconnect the internal speaker. I've had to do this for my own feed.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
grab a male to male mini plug....cut one end off....solder it to the speaker terminals inside...Ive seen this donr once...audio was clean....then plug the Male mini to your computers LINE IN ( or what ever you use to send audio to your computer )

Kinda crude...but works well...at almost no cost

Why would you open the radio and solder to something when the audio is readily available at two pins on the accessory connector on the back of the unit?

Speaker audio has to be set via the volume pot while the audio available at the accessory connector is flat Rx audio ready to be connected to the PC's line in.

Status
Not open for further replies.